Moderator Control Panel ]

QBOX(II) S2 driver 3.0 Series kernel

QBOX(II) S2 driver 3.0 Series kernel

Postby andyt12 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 pm

OK, here is a recent snapshot of V4l/DVB tree with the QBOX(II) S2 driver added only.

I give no support for my work. I only give it here to be of use to others. It works for me so should for others also.

I couldn't wait for Tbs to update it as I needed the latest kernel for other new hardware. Ive had it explained to me by Tbs as to why the driver isn't submitted to v4l/dvb for inclusion into mainline but I still don't understand why. Only one GPL file was needed to be added to the tree to get it up and running, there are no closed source parts for this driver. There is a binary only firmware needed but the same is true for most DVB USB devices in the v4l/dvb tree. All they need is permission to redistribute the firmware in binary form from Tbs, if that's not possible them a separate download from Tbs would do. Tbs would then no longer need to maintain the driver and have many happy customers.

This forum wont let me upload for some reason, just times out. So I have done a megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FM3TP0LY
andyt12

Re: QBOX(II) S2 driver 3.0 Series kernel

Postby Barrasmara » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:34 am

I don't understand TBSs position on this either. It would surely save them and us a lot of hassle if the driver was part of the mainline.
Barrasmara

Return to Linux