Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6985+TVHeadend=Artefacts

TBS6985+TVHeadend=Artefacts

Postby Electuur » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Hello,
I am also having problems with TVHeadend + XBMC on Ubuntu server 12.04. Adapter 0 and 2 seems to be OK with HD channels. Adapters 1 and 3 give strong artefacts especially with the higher frequency streams like Nederland 1 HD. SD channels seems to be ok.
Electuur

Re: TBS6985+TVHeadend=Artefacts

Postby CrazyFin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:05 pm

This so interesting to read! :-)
I have IDENTICAL issues as you but on totally different DVB S/S2-cards, 2 x Digital Devices Cine S2 with DuoFlex add on card to get 4 tuners per card, totally 8 tuners in my setup.

I was searching on the web for solutions on "continuity counter errors" . I use TVHeadend 3.9 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Digital Devices Cine S2 dual tuner card with DuoFlex add on cards to get quad tuners per tuner card.

I also see that it is always the 2nd tuner chip that gets these problems, i.e. Tuner 1 works fine on HD channels but tuner 2 gets Continuity Counter errors when tuning in to HD channels. Tuner 3 works fine but then again tuner 4 gets CC errors... If I disable every 2nd tuner, i.e. tuner 2, 4, 6 and 8 in my setup so that my software only uses 4 of my 8 tuners it works fine.

If I remove my 2nd card AND remove the DuoFlex addon card from the remaining Cine S2 card so that I will only have 2 tuners left, I STILL get the same problem, i.e. tune into HD channel on tuner 1 works fine but as soon as I tune into a HD channel on tuner 2 I start to get artifacts/pixelation and CC errors.

See my full comments on this in the thread at viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8278&p=31680#p31680
CrazyFin

Postby robins » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi,

I have the same issue in 2 TBS6985 card, I sent a email to TBS support asking a solution but they don´t give me any answer, and seems that they will do the same here, nobody from TBS support has responded this post to give a explanation, probably they will never do.......

Best regards.
robins

Postby Mythological » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:17 am

As I wrote in another thread...

For those having these problems with TVHeadEnd but only on certain channels or only at random times, try this. Under Configuration | Stream click on the pass steam profile, then in the sidebar you should see an option for "Rewrite PMT" which is checked by default (at least in the version I have). Uncheck it and then save it.

This setting was in a different place in earlier versions (in the default Recording profile) but it was unchecked by default there. After installing the new version I started experiencing all kinds of errors, but only on certain channels, until I found the new location of that setting and unchecked it. I am not saying this will fix it in all cases but it is certainly worth a try!
Mythological

Postby Mythological » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:21 am

One other thing that helps a lot is to make sure that the card is not sharing an IRQ with anything else, or using old-style interrupts. See this post or this post.
Mythological

Postby Krobaruk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:41 pm

For me I find putting the CPU under stress actually fixes the problem. I don't understand how this fixes the problem for me but try:
"stress -c 1"

TBS,

Any idea where the problem might be? Disabling CPU frequency changes does not help.
Krobaruk

Return to Linux