Moderator Control Panel ]

SATA Drive under Android

SATA Drive under Android

Postby peloto » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:32 pm

I'd like to know if it's possible to use a SATA drive under Android in TBS Matrix. Is it supported by the Android distribution provided? I've plugged it to the SATA interface and powered it with the power adapter included in TBS Matrix, but I cannot access to the data. The unit is spinning property (power seems to be OK), but it's not auto-mounted and when I try to mount it using /dev/block/sda or /dev/block/sda1 I get an error "Device is busy".

Has someone got this?

Thanks.
peloto

Re: SATA Drive under Android

Postby franky384 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:22 pm

Try /dev/sdb, sdc and so on. /dev/block/... will not work, i think. SATA must have another mountpoint.
What does mount say? or fdisk -l ?
franky384

Postby peloto » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks for your answer franky384.

There're not sda or sdb devices in /etc so I used /dev/block/*
When I connect an usb memory drive, the new device appears immediately in /dev/block (although I just can mount one USB device at a time, another important limitation).
I've checked with paragon app from Play Store but it doesn't recognize the device.

I'm trying to connect the HDD throught the SATA port just because the USB port doesn't provide enought power to my 2,5" USB 2.0 HDD unit. Is that normal by the way?

Is it possible to get some official support for Android?

Thanks.
peloto

Postby franky384 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:40 am

I don't know if there is support for the sata-port in the android kernel, i never tried android on the matrix. I hope one of the tbs-developers will answer your questions. Try to ask them direct.
franky384

Postby peloto » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks for your answer again.

You're rigth I will contact the official support. I thought that they were checking the forums.

As I've seen in similar products that have SATA support but of course the support is not included in Android out of the box. But I guessed that this functionality would be included in the compilation distributed for the TBS Matrix.
peloto

Return to General discussion