Moderator Control Panel ]

schematics & sources

Re: schematics & sources

Postby vpeter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 pm

What power supply Moi Pro needs? 5V or 12 V? I'm trying to run OpenELEC on it with PCIe, LCD, ... support.
It boots with 5V and 12V. But I suspect that it needs even higher voltage.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby markus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:21 pm

I'd like to get my hands on the kernel sources as well to see what modifications were done..

I already have debian running on moi pro but kernel with iptables support (and preferably a bit newer kernel) would be lovely, otherwise this is just a nice toy and cant be used for our purposes..

If it is that difficult for tbs devs to get the pericom switch working in 3.14 (last post about this from steven in october 2014), let us help you.

The hardware is good but if you cant get the software "up to date" and are not willing to let other people try, it becomes useless..

So for the love of god, give us your current kernel source tree and i'll hit my head to brick wall until i get the stuff working on later kernel.
markus

Postby vpeter » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm

I leaved all this stuff alone. First I don't even have any PCI DVB card - I tested only with one PCI network card and it was not even recognized with official software by lspci command. So it is hard to continue... Is any shop willing to donate one to me?

Since no one is doing any extra development all such machines are useless.
Last edited by vpeter on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby markus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:25 am

We've been harrassing TBS over phone (my chinese associate has called their office), over skype, over email and here.

They claimed that the matrixtv repository on sourceforge has the kernel source code they used for moi pro as well, but strangely enough moi pro kernel bootup sequence has strings that do not appear anywhere in the matrixtv source tree.. Also the matrixtv sourcetree cant even compile (there's few totally fucked up files having html instead of actual code), the compiler that it installs wont compile some of the assembler code at all etc. (these all i fixed from random sources on i.mx6 forum)

We are trying to get the real sourcecode from them to get iptables (and ipv6 support) compiled in to make this a bit more useful..
For some reason that I don't understand they have decided not to include many features in kernel, I guess they were trying to save space or some other stupid thing.

I dont really understand why they are trying to make this as difficult as they can, we are trying to fix their product so that it becomes more useful and more people can buy it and be happy with it..
markus

Postby vpeter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:43 pm

I successfully compile matrixtv from sources few months back. But didn't tried to install it because matrixtv is not on my todo list. I used only to update few packages (vdr, ...) for a user who donated me box for development.
vpeter

Previous

Return to MOI Pro