Moderator Control Panel ]

Autostart OSCAM?

Autostart OSCAM?

Postby pote » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:59 am

Hi, I see that OSCAM is already compiled and installed on the Moi Pro AMD.
However there seem to be no option to get it to start when the centos boots?
Is there some easy fix for this, some script already there or something just to enable?
pote

Re: Autostart OSCAM?

Postby diabloss » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:04 pm

just go to VDR tab in the webui and tick oscam ... it will start with the sistem automatically
diabloss

Postby pote » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:52 am

Hi and thanks for the reply - I did have the oscam hooked off under dvr, but it did not start earlier.
I reapplied the mark for oscam, and actually now it started.
However I see that the config files were fetched from /usr/oscam instead of the default location, also the oscam kept restarting itself after approx 40 seconds and seemed unstable. When I removed the checkmark, and started it manually from ssh session everything worked fine again.

Does anyone know what exactly happens when the checkmark in the webui is ticket, and what config files the server uses to start, and where it is placed?
I use TVheadend, and it runs very smoothly now - I do not like to use the webui as it is not clear to me the impact of the changes done from there.
I rather edit config files directly myself to make sure of no unpredictable behavor.

After starting oscam from the ssh session I added /usr/bin/oscam & to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local startup script - I do not know if this is a good solution or not.

Any insight appreceated.
pote

Postby diabloss » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:02 pm

feel free to make any changes ... it is easy to go back to factory defaults in case of any issue shows up.
diabloss

Postby pote » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 am

Thank you for your reply, could you tell me what config file is modified for startup of ticking off oscam?
Also what other config files are used when the moi pro starts?
pote

Return to MOI Pro - AMD