Moderator Control Panel ]

USB DVB-S2 tuner for IP streaming server

USB DVB-S2 tuner for IP streaming server

Postby pekovi1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:05 am

Hi all forum members!

I would like to build IP streaming server based on USB TBS5990 receivers. Does it have any difference compared to PCIe receivers like TBS6910 or TBS6991SE if I want to descramble several TV channels on a transponder and stream it with MuMuDVB or TVHeadend?
I cannot see in the USB tuner's description that it is suitable for IP streaming application. With PCIe cards it is noted.

Can someone compare the CPU utilisation with USB and PCIe receivers? As I need to receive TV channels from about 10 transponders, then it is important for me.

Do we have any forum member here who can share his experience with soft CAM descrambling?
I am also considering to use quad or octa DVB-S2 PCIe receivers and descramble the TV channels via o s c a m, but I have no idea if the would work with about 40 TV channels. 20 SD and 20 HD. Can someone share with me what is the CPU utilisation with SOFT CAM decryption?
Thank you.
pekovi1

Re: USB DVB-S2 tuner for IP streaming server

Postby highkick05 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:46 pm

pekovi1 Wrote:Hi all forum members!

I would like to build IP streaming server based on USB TBS5990 receivers. Does it have any difference compared to PCIe receivers like TBS6910 or TBS6991SE if I want to descramble several TV channels on a transponder and stream it with MuMuDVB or TVHeadend?
I cannot see in the USB tuner's description that it is suitable for IP streaming application. With PCIe cards it is noted.

Can someone compare the CPU utilisation with USB and PCIe receivers? As I need to receive TV channels from about 10 transponders, then it is important for me.

Do we have any forum member here who can share his experience with soft CAM descrambling?
I am also considering to use quad or octa DVB-S2 PCIe receivers and descramble the TV channels via o s c a m, but I have no idea if the would work with about 40 TV channels. 20 SD and 20 HD. Can someone share with me what is the CPU utilisation with SOFT CAM decryption?
Thank you.

if u need to run 10 x TP @ one time. why bother with USB at all.. too slow. go straight to PCIe . bandwidth would be a bit better ?
highkick05

Return to Linux