Moderator Control Panel ]

Auto Retune after move the dish

Auto Retune after move the dish

Postby Likvid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:17 pm

There is a problem with the drivers for TBS6925, it oftens locks up the card so you can't get the tuner working, this happens when you move between different DVB software like DVBviewer, DVBDream etc....only solution is to power off the computer and restart it again.

This is the message you receive
Attachments
code.jpg
code.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
Likvid

Re: Buggy drivers

Postby SergioDanielG » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:39 am

Which version of driver are you using?
I have a TBS6925 with the last driver and I use it with various softwares like dvbdream, easyscan, creazyscan, dvbviewer without problems.

Best regards
SergioDanielG

Postby Likvid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 am

I use 1.1.0.13 driver and using Win7 x64.

I am also using a actuator, not diseqc motor but Vbox and 36V actuator so it's not a power issue.
Likvid

Postby Likvid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:43 am

Not much of response from TBS regarding the issue, easy to sell cards but they won't give any support or solution :evil:
Likvid

Postby DVB » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 am

I'm using 6925 with 1.0.1.13 drivers with SmartDVB, DVB Viewet/TransEdit, AltDVB, ProgDVB, TSReader, CrazyScan/BLScan, EBS, TBS_BlindScan and probably some others and I did not saw such things. Few months ago there was bug in SmartDVB which could hang card, but it is fixed now. For DVB Dream You can try to use DD_BDA_ALT from crazycat but this is rather DVB Dream specific issue and @rel from DVB Dream will have to look at this. IMHO not directly drivers issue as most of DVB players working correctly.

Are You able to reproduce this error? You got some scenario to reproduce this? I would be able to check the same scenario at my machine (Win7 x64).

Anyway there is something untypical with TBS6925 drivers which is hard to explain. In standard approach of using BDA interface by programmers TBS6925 can be hanged or it can drop packets. If anybody from TBS would be interested to look at this more - please try AltDVB with BDA2 interface from crazycat. You will see sporadically video dropouts (~ max few artifacts per minute) and if you will scroll channel list by scroll bar - scrolling is choppy like something is producing heavy load with regular time steps. This can be fixed in software somehow - SmartDVB had both problems with video dropouts and completely hang, but author fixed both, now in SmartDVB blindscan some frequencies are not scanned because of probably the same issue with packet losses. If few different programmers got the same problem (SmartDVB, BDA2 in AltDVB, now DVB Dream), that mean that maybe there is something to look at (no tragedy - most DVB software works and I'm very happy with my TBS6925 and I recommend this card for anybody; but it would be nice if anybody from TBS would spot reason and fix drivers or give some info how to avoid such situations when developing DVB apps for TBS6925 as this can be avoided somehow).
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby Likvid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 am

Look at this Youtube video i've done, it shows exactly one of the problems, when moving motor it stops sending 22KHz signal to LNB which means it doesn't lock again on Hi-band if i don't press the button in Tune window to restart the tune again, same thing happening in Transedit as well, this is only happening to Hi-band(22KHz) frequencies, no problems with Low-band.

http://youtu.be/G_-9Qb8aqGs
Likvid

Postby steven » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am

Likvid Wrote:Look at this Youtube video i've done, it shows exactly one of the problems, when moving motor it stops sending 22KHz signal to LNB which means it doesn't lock again on Hi-band if i don't press the button in Tune window to restart the tune again, same thing happening in Transedit as well, this is only happening to Hi-band(22KHz) frequencies, no problems with Low-band.

http://youtu.be/G_-9Qb8aqGs

Hi Likvid

Sorry for the delay reply,Apr 2 to Apr 4 is our Tomb-sweeping. :)
This problem you say just not a problem,when moving motor it means that need to send Diseqc ,before send diseqc need to closed 22kHz signal first.
after have send the diseqc.the tune step need to done by software.Our driver will not lock it auto.

Lots of soft can do this.Like DVBDream when you moving motor it will auto lock every seconds.

Would you mind using DVBDream to have a test.

Thanks
steven

Postby sotos65 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi Likvid

Sorry for the delay reply,Apr 2 to Apr 4 is our Tomb-sweeping. :)
This problem you say just not a problem,when moving motor it means that need to send Diseqc ,before send diseqc need to closed 22kHz signal first.
after have send the diseqc.the tune step need to done by software.Our driver will not lock it auto.

Thanks

Hello Steven

It would be very nice if the driver could resend the 22KHz and lock the signal automatically after that.
sotos65

Postby steven » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:01 am

Hi sotos65

This can be done by software,Like DVBDream and our IPTool can auto lock when you move dish.
We think that it is not very well to add this to driver maybe can done this by software.

Thanks
steven

Postby starman345 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 am

Steven,
Software like Dvbdream, Dvbviewer and Progdvb have a retune on missing signal setting but control of the program is lost by the user during re-tuning, almost like freezing although it is released eventually. If there happens to be no signal on the chosen channel, the program will repeatedly try to re-tune so the user has to time his intervention to regain control. I find it very annoying. The 8922 does not have this problem, there is no need to set retune parameters in dvb software, it tunes the frequency very quickly after moving to a new satellite.
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Next

Return to Windows