Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6280 on Linux Mint , using inputlirc ?

TBS6280 on Linux Mint , using inputlirc ?

Postby dhopley » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Dear TBS Forum ,
I have successfully installed and run a TBS6280 card in a Linux Mint 16 system on my AMD A10 6800K desktop , however my http://shop.cyntech.co.uk/collections/f ... -presenter is missing some keys and the mouse functionality , which had operated 'out of the box' on both a Raspberry PI and the Linux Mint system previously . I suspect that the problem was introduced by the lirc update by the tbs-linux-drivers_v130927.zip and I would like to ask if you think that the use of the Debian package inputlirc , see http://www.coldsource.net/hid_mapper_beta.tar.gz for an HID Mapper source for this idVendor 0x04d9 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. for this idProduct 0x2519 , is likely to do the trick , and not disrupt the operation of the rest of the tuner card functionality of the TBS6280 . Alternatively can you advise if there is a modified install available of a tbs-linux-drivers_vXXXXXX.zip without the lirc update , which since I do not use Microsoft products (as in your supplied remote with it's Microsoft only drivers) , maybe the lirc update is superfluous for me anyhow ,
Yours hopefully ,
dhopley

Re: TBS6280 on Linux Mint , using inputlirc ?

Postby dhopley » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 pm

After quite a bit of messing around with loading Linux Mint 16 Mate onto my new AMD quad core PC I have managed to make it operational with the v140210 TBS6280 driver . Live TV is most easily accessed by a 'vlc channels.conf' command on the terminal command line and the picture is good , and sound through the HDMI lead is fine to my TV , with changing channels done through the vlc playlist . Recording programs is done via me-tv and the recorded programs sound & visual quality is great , played back by vlc , but I feel that me-tv live TV via the gnome player is not as good as that of vlc . Me-TV deals perfectly well with multiple recordings via a single one of the TBS6280 tuners , providing the programs are from the same mux , which as I most frequently want to record the UK Freeview channels BBC1 , BBC2 and BBC4 simultaneously , it's fine . It's also very convenient to be able to switch to a Firefox browser window for catch up TV and to use Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail . After handling difficulties with my mini presenter keyboard/touch pad combo I've bought a Logitech wireless mouse and can now easily control the whole arrangement , TV , Set Top Box and PC . Although a 'daisy chain' of coax connections antenna/PC/STB/TV worked perfectly well , rather than have them all online permanently I have also bought a separate 4-way coax amplifier so that each device only needs to be 'powered up' if in use ,
Yours sincerely ,
Satisfied User
dhopley

Return to Linux