satelay wrote:Hi Steven, I am now on vacation and do not have access to either of the two machines that had problems with this card. So I am afraid I can't try your hotfix until the end of August and you will need to work with others who are having the same problem. I am surprised though, it was missed that the problem shows up under both 32 and 64 bit versions of W7 which I had clearly indicated before. Just to wrap up, the following points are the facts that I have gathered so far and may be useful in isolating the problem.
1. Problem seems to be specific to some Gigabyte MBs as reported in previous posts. Examples are: GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H and GA-MA785GM-US2H
2. Problem seems to be specific to W7 and shows up under both 32 and 64 bit versions
3. Problem is not processor dependent and shows up with both AMD and Intel processors
4. Problem seems to be specific to the TBS 8921 card/driver because TBS 6981 runs in the same machine without any problems.
5. Another thing worth mentioning is that both of my machines which had this problem are built inside an Antec fusion HTPC box which has an LCD screen, an IR remote and run the IMON manager software and related drivers. This may be causing some conflict.
I hope this is helpful. Good luck isolating the problem.
Before 2 days i bough also the 8921.
But i have also the same problem BSOD, one time happened when i wake up my pc from sleep mode and i try to tune to one channel ,also more than 3 or 4 times in 2 day that i have this card i had BSOD when i was zapping to channels.
I have try another pci slot but the same results.
My mobo is Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H.
Any suggestions any help???
satelay wrote:It is not unusual that one wants to scan two or more transponders in a row. However, the bluescreen seems to be random and sometimes it comes in the first scan. I have tried 8921 driver v188.8.131.52 on another W7 machine. In fact it was a 32 bit version, not 64 as I first thought. It had different hardware with a different Gigabyte MB. After installing only the driver and the version of DVB Dream supplied on the installation disk, I have started a scan of Hotbird. Right in the middle of the scan I got the blue screen. After rebooting the machine, I have started the same scan one more time and it succeeded. That suggests that there really is something wrong with the driver under W7 and it appears to be completely random. I am sure if you try to do a few scans which take a relatively long time, you will definitely reproduce the bug with the blue screen.
nikos1671 wrote:first tests are good no BSOD when pc weak up from sleep,no BSOD when zapping.First impressions are good.
Still need some more test for the last conclusions.
Thanks a lot for the fast react Steven.
Now i have a question for you,i am planing to buy the dual tuner TBS-6981,do you think i will have again problems with my mobo??or this drivers are good right now??
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests