Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6925 trouble with DVB Dream OEM

TBS6925 trouble with DVB Dream OEM

Postby meteojoe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 am

Hi all,
I seem to be having some issues with the OEM DVD Dream v15e OEM software (Trial version of v15f from the DVD Dream website yields the same results.) While I have no issue acquiring lock in TBS Recorder or TBS IP, whever I start DVB Dream (with the exception of once where a manual scan actually returned data), it appears there is no signal (perhaps some sort of software config issue.) I do have the correct parameters set (I'm a long time DVB user and RF engineer with experience in Satellite comms) as well as the proper LNB Local Oscillator freq, etc. At times, I have been able to start TBS recorder or TBS IP, lock to a channel, start DVB Dream, and a signal be indicated which vanishes after any of the parameters (such as transponder frequency) are set.

In addition, I have yet to get TBSViewer to recognize that any card is present (Selecting O for Options and then the "Hardware" tab)

I'm running Win7 x64 SP1

Any ideas?
Joe
meteojoe

Re: TBS6925 trouble with DVB Dream OEM

Postby steven » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 am

Hi
are you use the latest dvbream on our downloader page:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/common/d ... 5g_oem.rar

Thanks
steven

Postby meteojoe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Steven and thank you for your reply.
I had not been using the 15g version, but downloaded it and gave it another try.
I've done some additional investigating and here is what I have found.

If I set the transponder information in the TBS IP tool, then start DVB dream, I am able to see the signal strength of the transponder as well as data quality as shown in this image. To get to this point, I close TBS IP, start DVB dream, and select Manual Scan (I had previously set the transponders accordingly)

As you can see, the scan is successful, but since I did not select a transponder, frequeecy, or symbol rate, the transponders can not be added to the list. From a programming perspective, I can understand why this happens.

If I then select that same transponder from the drop-down list, the signal strength/data quality bars disappear, as such. However, any scan attempt results in 0 channels being found. (I did not clear the list after the last image thus the channels still appear despite a failed scan.)

I am not sure of what the green checkmark button is intended to accomplish (my guess would be attempt lock with the new parameters), but pressing it makes no difference so far as I can tell. If anyone knows what this green check should do, that would be much appreciated.

If I elect to change the polarity to H, the signal/data quality bars re-appear, but there are no data presented.

If I re-select V, the signal bars disappear again.

Running DVBDream as a normal user or Administrator yields the same results.

I hope this helps.
Thank you!
Joe
meteojoe

Postby meteojoe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:44 pm

I thought I would include a screen capture of what I see (or rather do not see) in the TBSViewer. The hardware is not detected here although it is detected in TBS IP, TBS Record, TBS Blind Scan, CrazyCat, and BLScan. I did seem to have some luck with DVB Viewer Pro Demo.

Joe
Windows 7 64 Bit
TBS 6925
meteojoe

Postby sotos65 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:34 am

Try to uninstall TBSViewer and install it again. I had the same problem with it in the beginning. Reinstalling it resolved this problem. Btw, DVBDream 1.5f (full version) works great here with 6925 in Windows 7 64bit.
sotos65

Postby meteojoe » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 am

Soto65,
Thanks for the suggestion. Uninstalling/Reinstalling both the TBS Viewer and the Drivers didn't seem to make any difference at all. I'm glad to hear that someone else with Win7 64 has success. I'm sure it's something odd about my machine, but it gives me hope that I can solve it.

Joe
meteojoe

Postby steven » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 am

meteojoe Wrote:Hi Steven and thank you for your reply.
I had not been using the 15g version, but downloaded it and gave it another try.
I've done some additional investigating and here is what I have found.

If I set the transponder information in the TBS IP tool, then start DVB dream, I am able to see the signal strength of the transponder as well as data quality as shown in this image. To get to this point, I close TBS IP, start DVB dream, and select Manual Scan (I had previously set the transponders accordingly)

Hi this is because when you use tbsiptool locked the transponder,it will stay locked,if you open dvbdream and not try to lock ,it can show locked.
steven

Postby meteojoe » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Steven,
Are you of any other debugging tips which may prove useful?
Joe
meteojoe

Postby steven » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 am

Hi meteojoe
are you sure you are use the leatest tbsview:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/common/T ... 110614.rar
and do you have used diseqc?
thanks
steven

Postby meteojoe » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:04 am

Hi,
Here is a bit of an update. And more insight. When I initially plugged the TBS6925 into my computer and attempted startup, Windows 7 would not start properly. I do not know if it was by chance or if it was something related to adding the hardware. Nonetheless, I reinstalled windows 7 without a reformatting of the HDD. The tests above were in that configuration with the latest drivers/application versions available on the TBS download page that Steven provided. I saw some peculiar behavior in the OS (unrelated to the card) and elected to re-install Win 7 after reformatting the hard drive. At this point, TBS Viewer is detecting the card and seems to work normally. However, DVBDream continues to exhibit the same issues mentioned above in the graphics. Definitely making some progress, but am not quite there yet.

Joe
meteojoe

Next

Return to Windows