Moderator Control Panel ]

bbc 1 hd + ch4 hd on dvb-s2 in win 7 mce

bbc 1 hd + ch4 hd on dvb-s2 in win 7 mce

Postby drewland » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 am

Since bbc 1 HD has moved to dvb-s2 has any one got it working with this card?

this has been fixed on some cards

see theese posts on another forum

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/archive/index.php?t-22318.html
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?22320-How-to-enable-DVB-S2-in-Windows-7-Media-Center-on-HVR-4000-and-NOVA-HD-S2&p=103681

this shows it can be fixed, its a bit beond me but it would be nice if someone could alter the app to work with this card
drewland

Re: bbc 1 hd + ch4 hd on dvb-s2 in win 7 mce

Postby drewland » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:11 am

an update:

i have applied the patch as listed here

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?22320-How-to-enable-DVB-S2-in-Windows-7-Media-Center-on-HVR-4000-and-NOVA-HD-S2&p=103681

and after doing the single transponder rescan all the hd channels are now working
drewland

Postby satking » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

Applied the patch still no BBC HD channels,do I need new drivers or is the card faulty.
satking

Postby steven » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 am

satking Wrote:Applied the patch still no BBC HD channels,do I need new drivers or is the card faulty.

Hi satking
you can write an email to our support and tell your problem,we can offer you a test driver.
support@tbsdtv.com
steven

Postby rivermist » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm

With regard to the loss of BBC One HD etc on Freesat with Media Centre. This is due to the change made on June 6th switching the HD channels to DVB-S2.

The parameters for one of the Eurobird1 transponders have been changes (Frequency 10847) and the corresponding transponder lists in MC do not reflect this change.

The Hauppauge patch mentioned above does work, it seems to require two steps however and this may be the problem for some users. For me at least: I went to the Hauppauge site location listed above and ran the patch, this appeared to do some updates and indeed did alter the registry but no success. Then I discovered an exe file in my downloads as well, I ran this and it fixed the problem.

A quick check to see if your set-up is OK: Run the single transponder scan in Media Centre using, Frequency 10847, symbol rate 23000 and vertical polarisation. This should show 3 new channels.

Pity the poor non technical users who don't deserve this total lack of service from their suppliers, Microsoft should have provided this update on day one. I don't want a patch that I have to search for from a company that I don't actually use (well done Hauppauge), I just want it to work.

Regards and good luck
rivermist

Return to Windows