Moderator Control Panel ]

Problem with Qbox 2 DVB-S2 tuner "lock" LED staying on.

Problem with Qbox 2 DVB-S2 tuner "lock" LED staying on.

Postby markdeacon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 am

Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up a new Windows Media Center using Windows 7 64bit and a Qbox 2 DVB-S2 USB Tuner.

It's working brilliantly and I've got all the channels and TV guide displaying exactly how I want them in Windows Media Center, couldn't be happier with that side of things.

However I've got a problem that I've had since day 1 of setting it up with the tuner "lock" LED staying lit after doing certain things.

If I have been watching tv on Windows Media Center then close it the lock LED usually turns off (most of the time). If I then boot up my Xbox 360 which is configured as an extender it more often than not crashes and the "lock" led stays lit even if I fully close media center and turn off the Xbox. Once this has happened no matter what I do there is nothing that unlocks the tuner apart from turning the media center off by holding the power button down. It won’t even shutdown it gets to the shutdown screen then just sits there until you hit the power button.

The same also happens in reverse; if I watch tv on the Xbox 360 first then close it and go directly on the media center it crashes and the tuner gets stuck locked.

I thought it was a problem with Windows Media Center but I have since noticed that there’s trouble switching between other programs that use the tuner. So I'm wondering if it's possible that it's a driver issue not allowing applications to unlock the tuner reliably.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this if it's not the driver?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
markdeacon

Re: Problem with Qbox 2 DVB-S2 tuner "lock" LED staying on.

Postby tsagadas » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:18 pm

The year is 2016 and I still have the same problem.
Only if I remove the power from the tuner it will let my w7 pc shutdown.
tsagadas

Return to Windows