Moderator Control Panel ]

Windows 7 x64 blue screen after hypernate(solved)

Re: Windows 7 x64 blue screen after hypernate(solved)

Postby steven » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All

Sorry for this problem
When the BSOD happen,Would you mind giving us more detail information.
1. Do you have used USB 3.0 ?
2. Do you have used USB hub?
3. Do you have used other USB device with TBS5922?

Thanks
steven

Postby jw300 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 am

1. No
2. Not externally, but there may be one in the chipset inside the case. User littlewave reported BSODs with all devices direct to motherboard.
3. Several other devices currently installed -
wireless mouse/keyboard
DVB-T tuner - BSODs occurred before this was installed
IR Receiver - BSODs occurred before this was installed
jw300

Postby littlewave » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 am

Hi Steven,

Regarding my set up, I do have USB 3.0 and a hub but still get the BSOD whether they are in use or not.. As jw300 mentioned above I also get the BSOD with just the QBox II, mouse and keyboard connected directly to the motherboard through USB 2.0. ports (not 3.0 ports).

However, although I still have problems I do appear to have found half a solution....
On one attempt to get to the bottom of the problem I installed all the dvblink software and tbsviewer provided with the QBox II and although I'm not using either application (I'm using WMC7) the computer has bluescreened only a couple of times over the two months. It does still give a power transition error just prior to sleeping, and also now wakes up for no apparent reason (the log mentions waking due to an unknown device). It now also fails to idle to sleep predictably (generally takes several hours dispite being set to sleep after half an hour).

The key thing - a few days after uninstalling the dvblink and tbsviewer applications the computer started to crash again. Reinstalling them prevented this.

In case it's useful, one thing I noticed that's different with dvblink/tbsviewer installed, compared to when it's crashing, is a satellite channel without a signal produces a black screen in windows media center (as if the QBox is providing a 'black screen' rather than no signal at all). With dvblink/tbsviewer installed a channel with no signal shows a WMC7 text warning of there being no signal.

Hopefully this information is helpful, if you have any queries let me know, I'd love to solve this once and for all.
littlewave

Postby jw300 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 pm

littlewave,
I reduced the number of sleep transitions - and BSODs - by disabling "sleep on idle". The PC only goes into standby on command. I also put a 24-hour mains timer on the QBox power supply - this briefly interrupts power once a day to allow QBox recovery if a crash occurs in my absence. I've not had many crashes recently, but did have one yesterday.

Since my crashes always occur 10 minutes after waking, I'm wondering if it would be possible to reset the device driver within that period, without waiting for a response from the device itself. The reset would need to be soon after waking, to avoid interrupting any TV recording event.
jw300

Postby sushbone » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 am

Why is the thread marked as "solved"?! in my oppinion its not. Is there any news on this? Steven?

Still having the problem after a fresh new installation and usage of the latest drivers, and also thinking about selling the box again to get something different that works better (hopefully)...
sushbone

Postby jw300 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Still crashing about once a week
jw300

Previous

Return to Windows