Moderator Control Panel ]

Windows 7 x64 blue screen after hypernate(solved)

Re: Windows 7 x64 blue screen after hypernate(solved)

Postby steven » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:10 pm

littlewave Wrote:Hi Steven,
I'm having the same problem as jw300 and MajorTom: the latest driver, WMC, windows 7 x64, the same stopped power transition in the event viewer just prior to entering sleep, the same BSOD, and the same subsequent failure to recognise the qbox until the power supply is removed.
Simply leaving the computer on permanently isn't a resolution but does point to the problem lying in the way the box/driver deals with sleep mode.

I was hoping that as at least three people have posted with the same issue we might be able to get someone to look at it. I use this box as my main tv for the household and although busy would he happy to help test fixes.

Many thanks.

Hi littlewave

Would you mind tell us that what's your mainboard type,and do you have updated the BIOS?and if you have used USBHub would you mind remove it and
Connect QBOX2 direct to mainboard.

Thanks
steven

Re: Windows 7 x64 blue screen after wake

Postby jw300 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:26 pm

In my case, PC is a "nettop" (Acer Revo 3610) using Intel Atom 330 CPU and nVidia ION chipset. I can't remove case for warranty reasons but there are some pictures which show details e.g. http://img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/486062337/Motherboard-FOR-ACER-Aspire-R3600-R3610-MB-SCA09-001-mbsca09001-MCP7AS01-100-TSTED-GOOD.jpg
Name appears to be MCP7AS01
I have no external hub. Device manager reports all devices connected to "USB Root hub".
No updates are listed on manufacturer's web-site.
Driver usbhub.sys also reported up to date.

I had another crash last night.
jw300

Postby littlewave » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick response, I'm off work for a couple of weeks now so should have time to help resolve this issue. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H (rev. 1.0) motherboard with an AMD A8-3850. I've tried using the QBox with various different USB 2.0 and 3.0 sockets (always connected directly to the motherboard) all with the same result.
Like jw300 I also use a Microsoft infra-red remote receiver but I'll remove most peripherals to leave only the mouse, keyboard, qbox and an external blu-ray drive connected and will let you know if this affects the crashing.

A new BIOS has just been released for this motherboard, so I'll install that but the change log only notes some minor CPU/memory timing changes, none of which are usb/sleep related.

Also, possibly worth noting, in an attempt to resolve the issue I installed a small program to exit Windows Media Center before going to sleep and start it up again on resume so it would seem it's not directly related to how WMC deals with sleep.

The computer generally bluescreens after having been sleeping for several hours (about once a day) but if I find a definite pattern in the timing of the crashes I'll let you know.
littlewave

Postby littlewave » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi All,

After removing all usb peripherals apart from blu-ray, mouse, keyboard and q-box (all connected directly to the motherboard) I'm still getting the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen.

The pattern is confusing. I got the most recent bluescreen while looking through the event viewer with no other applications running so this doesn't necessarily happen while the computer is asleep (it was about 10/15 minutes after waking).

I have attached a filtered log of power events, unexpected reboots, and errors in case it helps. I'm still trying to find a pattern in it.

Many thanks.
Attachments
filteredPowerEventLog.zip
Filter log with unexpected reboots, power events and errors. Filetype: evtx (for opening in windows event viewer)
(65.61 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
littlewave

Postby jw300 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:21 pm

littlewave, my debug analysis showed the crashes occur exactly 600 seconds after the wake time. I don't think the Windows logs will report exact crash time. You can see it in the BlueScreenView utility. A web search shows that other devices have the same timeout issues - the suggested solution is usually to update the driver.

Analysis suggests the power states are not in sync. I'm not certain if the QBox is still asleep during this period, but have sometimes noticed it has stopped responding - this gives a chance to reset it before blue screen occurs. You noticed that the QBox still requires a physical reset after the crash, as a re-boot alone doesn't fix it - I hope this doesn't indicate the problem is within the device itself.
jw300

Postby jw300 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 am

It would be if TBS would fix this! Or even acknowledge it. Someone has reported the same problem in TBS5922 forum.
jw300

Postby steven » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

Hi

Sorry for this problem.
We are solving this problem now,maybe some mainboard have compatible problem,Please just wait our progress news and
notice your mainboard BIOS update news too,update BIOS and try again.

Thanks
steven

Postby jw300 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

OK, thanks for the update. There are no BIOS updates available for my motherboard. I am watching this thread so please report any progress here.
jw300

Postby Jack187 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi @ all,

i have the same problem with my win7 64 bit HTPC. With WinXP 32bit there wasn't any problem. Has anyone tried Win7 32 bit? If not I will try it in the next days...

Regards,
Jack
Jack187

Postby Jack187 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:59 pm

I tried ist with win7 32 Bit and driver 2.0.2.5. Still the same Problem :-(!!
That's really frustrating :oops: ! I think I'm going to buy me a USB DVB-S2 Adapter that works properly with win7 and standby...
Jack187

PreviousNext

Return to Windows