Moderator Control Panel ]

USB DVB-S2 QBOX II

USB DVB-S2 QBOX II

Postby cocoh » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi..
I want to buy this box.. USB DVB-S2 QBOX II

But this BOX support all this?

Direct input of one or more MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). MPEG-TS is supported using a compatibility mode.
* The native stream format for DVB-S2 is called Generic Stream (GS), and can be used to efficiently carry IP-based data, including MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 services.
* Backward compatibility to DVB-S, intended for end users, and DVB-DSNG, used for backhauls and electronic news gathering.
* Variable coding and modulation (VCM) to optimize bandwidth utilization based on the priority of the input data, e.g., SDTV could be delivered using a more robust setting than the corresponding HDTV service.
* Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) to allow flexibly adapting transmission parameters to the reception conditions of terminals, e.g., switching to a lower code rate during fading.
* Four modulation modes:
o QPSK and 8PSK are proposed for broadcast applications, and can be used in non-linear transponders driven near to saturation.
o 16APSK and 32APSK are used mainly for professional, semi-linear applications, but can also used for broadcasting though they require a higher level of available C/N and an adoption of advanced pre-distortion methods in the uplink station in order to minimize the effect of transponder linearity.
* Improved rolloff: a = 0.20 and a = 0.25 in addition to the roll-off of DVB-S a = 0.35.
* Improved coding: a modern large LDPC code is concatenated with an outer BCH code to achieve quasi-error free (QEF) reception conditions on an AWGN channel.
The outer code is introduced to avoid error floors at low bit-error rates.
A single FEC frame may have either 64800 bits (normal) or 16200 bits (short). If VCM or ACM is used, the broadcast can be a combination of normal and short frames.
* Several code rates for flexible configuration of transmission parameters: 1/4, 1/3, 2/5, 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, and 9/10. Code rates 1/4, 1/3, and 2/5 have been introduced for exceptionally poor reception conditions in combination with QPSK modulation. Encoding values 8/9 and 9/10 behave poorly under marginal link conditions (where the signal level is below the noise level).
However, with targeted spot Ku or Ka band downlinks these code rates may be recommended to prevent out-of-region viewing for copyright or cultural reasons.

Tank you very much...
cocoh

Re: USB DVB-S2 QBOX II

Postby cocoh » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

hi..
Of certain information that I managed to collect from the internet, this QBOX_S2 have SVT0903.

Demodulator STV0903 By SONY...

STV0903
Multi-standard advanced demodulator
for satellite digital TV and data services set-top boxes
Features
Demodulation

* DIRECTVTM and DVBS QPSK – DVBS2 QPSK and 8PSK
* Digital Nyquist root filter with 0.20, 0.25, 0.35 excess bandwidth factors Decoding
* Up to 95 mega channel bits per second (Mcbps) at input to DVBS2 FEC
* Up to 130 Mcbps DVBS or DIRECTVTM at input to legacy FEC

Interfaces

* Dedicated 27 MHz clock generation for back-end decoder
* I2C serial bus interface
* JTAG interface - boundary scan
* DiSEqCTM 2.x interface
* GPIOs and interrupt lines
* Monitoring through I2C serial interface
* FSK modem

Technology

* 90 nm CMOS process
* Power saving features
* Package
* LQFP-128-EP 14x14, 0.4 mm pitch, RoHS.

Description
STV0903 is a high performance satellite demodulator capable of handling DVB-S, DIRECTVTM legacy and DVBS2 (QPSK and 8PSK) constant coding and modulation signals for
satellite broadcast.

but has some signal problems .. ITS TRUE??????
cocoh

Postby cody » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 pm

hi cocoh,

can you, please, specify your question(s)?

your first post is just list with some explanations of generic DVB-S2 features - most of which like ACM/VCM, 16APSK/32APSK are advanced features and no one use them for (HD)TV transmissions in practice - they are intended only for professional use.

your second post is wrong and misleading, because indeed Q-box II uses STV0903 DVB-S2 demodulator, but it's not made by Sony and by ST Microelectronics instead as "ST" in the model number suggests.

last, but not least it seems you are mismatching the older (not anymore in production) mode Q-box II with new (still in production) model Q-box S2.

regards,
cody
cody

Postby cocoh » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Tank you Mr. Cody....

1. as you can see "Of certain information that I managed to collect from the internet, this QBOX_S2 have STV0903".
2. .. yes you have right about STV0903=Part Manufacturer: ST Microelectronics ..

3.about 16APSK 32APSK Demodulator..

Description:

Q-BoxⅡ is the 2nd generation digital satellite USB box upgrading from Q-BoxⅠ.It supports both DVB-S2 and DVB-S programs receiving.It's a mini metal box for watching and recording digital satellite TV on computer. The connection between Q-BoxⅡand computer is USB cable. Q-BoxⅡuses computer CPU for MPEG2 or H.264 MPEG4 decoding. Driver and DVB softwares have to be installed before using. It's compliant with Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Linux Ubuntu/Fedora. Q-BoxⅡ can be used for one way internet via satellite or satellite data download. It's supported by most popular DVB softwares like ProgDVB, DVBDream,AltDVB, Skynet, Skygrabber, TSreader...

Main Features:

* Watch Satellite TV & listen to Radio on PC
* DVB-S2/S HD/SD TV Receiving
* Broadband Internet via Satellite
* High-speed Data download via Satellite
* Real Time and Scheduled Program Recording(PVR)
* Time Shifting to Pause Live TV
* Supported by DVBDream, ProgDVB, AltDVB, Skynet, Skygrabber,TSreader…

Specifications:

* Receiving Frequency: 950~2150 MHz Tuning Range
* Input level: -65~-25dBm
* DVB-S2/DVB-S 8PSK QPSK 16APSK 32APSK Demodulator
* Symbol Rate: 1~45Msps
* Carrier Capture Range: ±5MHz
* DVB-S2 Puncture codes: 1/4,1/3,2/5,3/5,1/2,2/3,3/4,4/5,5/6,8/9 and 9/10.
* DVB-S Puncture codes: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and Auto
* Support Data Burst & Tone Burst
* Support DiSEqC2.0 and Rotor
* Low power consumption and cool working temperature

16APSK and 32APSK are used mainly for professional, semi-linear applications, but can also used for broadcasting though they require a higher level of available C/N and an adoption of advanced pre-distortion methods in the uplink station in order to minimize the effect of transponder linearity.

Here say that have this.. * DVB-S2/DVB-S 8PSK QPSK 16APSK 32APSK Demodulator

My question is this true?
I want to buy it .. but before it i want to inform me, I think its not wrong ..

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/STMic ... PSK_32APSK

related ACM / VCM ... I do not know if this BOX can or know something ..
For this reason I asked in this forum, with your help I can find some answers ..

thank you for your attention
cocoh

Postby raxfor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:46 am

hi
i have QBOX II
is there any update software to use blind scan?
or use upper symbol rate than 30 :D
raxfor

Return to Windows