Moderator Control Panel ]

Q Box S2 - W7 Installation issues

Q Box S2 - W7 Installation issues

Postby RJB » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi all,

I have just received my QBOX USB S2 device, sadly I have had major issues getting it up and running. I have downloaded the latest driver (I think) and installed, however neither TBSViewer or WMC can detect the device :(
In device manager I see the QBOX DVB-S2 BDA which has ver 2.0.4.2 driver installed, uner the Human Interface Device I see QBOXS2 VHID Device with version 1.0.3.0 installed, what I do not see is "QBOX DVB S2Capture" which it would see I may need!

I would appreciate any advice on this. Thank you.

RB
RJB

Re: Q Box S2 - W7 Installation issues

Postby RJB » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:50 am

I thought I had cracked this by rolling back and starting from scratch, sadly although the driver is now installed I am having BSOD + picture freeze + loosing the device from MCE ie. it thinks the device is busy elsewhere! I have sent the following into the support team but would welcome help from any members who have experienced similar. See below the email content sent through to support. I am using W7 x64.

"I was delighted to receive my new Q Box today delivered from Amazon, sadly I am having major issues getting it to work. To start with I have loaded up the driver from your web-site as I was aware others had observed issues with the shipped driver, I have version 2.0.4.2 which seems to have installed ok. I can see it in device manager under sound, video etc. listed as QBOX DVB-S2 BDA, I can also see QBOX VHID Device at version 1.0.3.0 under the human interface devices.

The issue I am facing is that it will work for a short while through media centre, I am seeing picture freezes and if I change channels within a few seconds I get a very slow response followed by a message saying "All TV tuners are currently in use. To change the chanel, select the program or recording that you want to stop."

When I subsequently shut down the PC, it starts to shut down then freezes resulting in in a power off by pressing the off button for 5 seconds. The system will clean boot fine if I don't use the Q Box.

I have tried to use TBSViewer at version 1.0.2.149 but the Q Box does not appear under current device. "

Rhanks
RJB
RJB

Postby steven » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:19 am

Hi RJB
You can write an email to our support@tbsdtv.com ,we will give you a solution.
Thanks
steven

Postby jw300 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 am

I have Windows7 x64 and same drivers. BSODs were common until I changed one of the Power settings - I think it was "USB selective suspend". Even so, I take care to avoid disconnecting QBox while PC is out of standby (except through "Safely Remove Hardware").

If an app can't see the device, it could be because it's being used by another. Close down all programs/services that might be using it.
jw300

Postby steven » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 am

jw300 Wrote:I have Windows7 x64 and same drivers. BSODs were common until I changed one of the Power settings - I think it was "USB selective suspend". Even so, I take care to avoid disconnecting QBox while PC is out of standby (except through "Safely Remove Hardware").

If an app can't see the device, it could be because it's being used by another. Close down all programs/services that might be using it.

Hi jw300
Please update the new driver.
Thanks
steven

Postby jw300 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 pm

I tried 2.4.6 for a few days but had 3 BSODs and a "USB device stopped working", so rolled back to 2.4.5 version posted in these forums.
---
Update 14 Sep 11
I don't think the driver roll-back worked completely, as Device Manager was showing "2.0.4.0" in one place and "2.0.4.6" in another. I uninstalled and re-installed the latest (2.0.4.6). I'm still getting blue screens.
My system is Windows 7 x64.

I've posted further details in the thread on hibernation crashes.
jw300

Return to Windows