Moderator Control Panel ]

Any working Linux setup

Any working Linux setup

Postby Geeves » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Background:
I was running a TBS6985 for a couple of years with the tbs drivers and dvbstream on a Centos 7 server with no problems. All of a sudden and with seemingly no precipitating event, this stopped working. After much much wailing and gnashing of teeth I managed install the open source drivers, but at this point it would only work one per tuner. I tried to move to a more modern solution than dvbstream but they either didn't work (wouldn't switch polarity) or wouldn't let me build/install the latest version on Centos 7. In desperation I upgraded Centos from 7 to 8 (Due to Covid I currently have limited in person access to the server). No I cannot install the drivers at all. (/export/home/gpeter/open_drv/media_build/v4l/compat.h:2505:13: error: conflicting types for 'vm_fault_t' typedef int vm_fault_t;).

Problem:
I am not wedded to any distro or specific kernel, I just need to be able to record ts streams (preferably from the command line so that I can script access)

Is there a known working/recommended distro/kernel that I could use to do this?
Geeves

Re: Any working Linux setup

Postby zhangchao » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:34 pm

hi ,
Follow the steps below, to install driver .
#wget https://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document/linux/media_build-2020-05-23.tar.bz2
#tar jxvf media_build-2020-05-23.tar.bz2
#cd media_build
#./install.sh
#reboot

best regards!
zhangchao

Return to Linux