Moderator Control Panel ]

TVHeadend + xbmc strong artifacts

Re: TVHeadend + xbmc strong artifacts

Postby LubosD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:10 am

My broken setup is also based on an ASUS motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX + Intel Core i5.
LubosD

Postby C0dR » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 am

Well, good to hear that I am at least not alone with this problem. I think the problem lies on the linux drivers. Because on WIndows I had no artifacts with the exact same hardware (installed windows on a second HDD). I read somewhere on this forum that it might be something with the buffer size or something like that.
C0dR

Postby BeMax » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:51 am

I have tested the buffer and IRQ trick without any improvments...
BeMax

Postby jandenouden » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:25 am

Ok, since you say it works fine under Windows I guess the Linux driver is the culprit (haven't tried Windows myself). This also explains why so many people with different motherboards are all seeing this problem.

It would be nice if TBS could make a statement about this problem; TBS support have always been very helpful, but it seems this is a problem that support can't get to the bottom of.

Jan
jandenouden

Postby kvaster » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:12 pm

I'm suffering from this issues also. The only difference is that it's all OK with hd channels in case I disable all adapters except one. Please help to fix the problem...
kvaster

Postby BeMax » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:25 pm

kvaster Wrote:I'm suffering from this issues also. The only difference is that it's all OK with hd channels in case I disable all adapters except one. Please help to fix the problem...

How do you disable three tuners and just use one ?
BeMax

Postby Krobaruk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:49 pm

For me I find putting the CPU under stress actually fixes the problem. I don't understand how this fixes the problem for me but try:
"stress -c 1"

TBS,

Any idea where the problem might be? Could it be the "Relaxed Ordering Bit" PCI setting? Disabling CPU frequency changes does not help.
Krobaruk

Previous

Return to Linux