Moderator Control Panel ]

Diseqc switching issue with multiswitch

Diseqc switching issue with multiswitch

Postby gredek » Thu May 19, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi,

Having some strange Diseqc switching issues. Let me explain the situation/setup.

I have some setups with 4 dishes, Quattro LNB's, Venton MSG 17/16 or SAB 17/16 multiswitch and multiple TBS6985 tuner cards in a linux pc (Ubuntu 14.04, 3.19.0). Tuning works with Mumudvb,Dvblast or any other tuning program. All these setups where working just fine, now I got some new Venton and SAB multiswitches delivered. Using the same components together with the new delivered multiswitch(es), the diseqc always stays on SAT A, so if I try to tune to SAT B,C or D, I always get stuck on SAT A. If I just swap the new multiswitch with a multiswitch delivered some months ago it works. I tried several new multiswitches but all the same result, only SAT A.

If I connect a Dreambox or VU+ satellite receivere it works just fine. I also tried with some other PCIe tuner cards (&drivers) from another vendors and having the same issues. I already tried to contact the Vendors of the multiswitch(es) but they could not realy tell me what the difference is between the working and not working multiswitches (they look almost the same, just some new labels printed, probabbly just a new rev.)

Any ideas? Thx.
gredek

Re: Diseqc switching issue with multiswitch

Postby guacharaca » Thu May 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Without any real knowledge of your switches or software you are using, I once made the error of using "uncommitted" diseqc commands when I should have used "committed" diseqc commands.
guacharaca

Re: Diseqc switching issue with multiswitch

Postby gredek » Mon May 23, 2016 6:26 pm

guacharaca Wrote:Without any real knowledge of your switches or software you are using, I once made the error of using "uncommitted" diseqc commands when I should have used "committed" diseqc commands.

The software I use (MuMuDVB or DVBlast), sends committed diseqc commands so that part should be ok.

So I tried with multiple dvb-s tuning software and non of them seem to be cable of getting another sat then the first diseqc. When I do channel / transponder scan with w_scan with argument -D[0-3]c as the diseqc (commited) parameter it seem to find the other satellites (channels / transponders).
gredek

Return to Linux