Moderator Control Panel ]

Tuner B start up problems

Tuner B start up problems

Postby BitMaP » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:06 am

Hi, I have a TBS 6982 card set up on a Windows7 64bit machine. I'm using DVB Dream copied twice named tuner A and tuner B to coincide with the cards tuners. Once I get both tuners recognized by Windows they work fine. Great picture and sound, I'm really pleased with overall performance of the card. I have one problem that is a little annoying that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I first boot up the computer only tuner A shows up as available in DVB Dream. Tuner A works fine but no tuner B. If I shut down the computer and un-plug the power supply for aprox 1 min and then re-boot, tuner A and tuner B now show up as available in DVB Dream. Sometimes though I have to power down and unplug the power supply several times before both tuners are recognized by Windows or DVB Dream. This is a new computer that I built mainly for the TBS card and it is used as a home entertainment PC.
Computer specs...
Gigabyte mobo GA-990FXA-UD3 R5
AMD 8320 cpu
Memory 2x4GB G. Skill PC3-12800
GPU Nvidia GTX 960
The contacts are clean on the card and the pcie slot, and the card is correctly seated in the slot and properly secured. Like I explained once the card is hard booted (powered down and unplugged) usually both tuners show up as available and both tuners work fine. Any ideas what I can try to make both tuners recognizable without having to reboot several times to get it working? Thanks.
BitMaP

Re: Tuner B start up problems

Postby luchy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm

please open the menu of dvbdream's "Options" - ->"Device" then to choose the device that you want. "Start" then "OK" will be change different tuner.
luchy

Postby BitMaP » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:31 am

please open the menu of dvbdream's "Options" - ->"Device" then to choose the device that you want. "Start" then "OK" will be change different tuner.

Thanks, I know how to select and set up tuners. Tuner B doesn't show up as a option to select. Only tuner A shows. Then if I reboot with power supply unplugged (sometimes 2 or 3 times), it will finally show up and work OK. It's like a "terminate / stay resident" error that can only be cleared by completely killing the pc (dropping power), and then restarting. Thanks for replying, still looking for a fix.
BitMaP

Postby luchy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:31 am

From your description, there should be a hardware problem, I will give you a debug version driver to check it.
luchy

Postby BitMaP » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:52 am

Hi Luchy,
I installed the debug driver that you sent me. I'm not really sure how you want me to check this. I installed the driver and used the viewer program to log turning on and off tuner A. Ok, I see tuner A turn off and on but tuner B isn''t shown. I turn off the computer and unplug for a few min and re-boot. Now I can turn on and off both tuner A and tuner B. So what am I looking for? Both tuners work OK after a hard boot (unplug). Or tuner A works OK after soft boot (not unplug). When tuner B doesn't show up as available in any program after a soft boot, then I don't see where to turn it on or off because it simply isn't there.
BitMaP

Return to Windows