Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS 6285 tuner problem just after one week?

TBS 6285 tuner problem just after one week?

Postby mic77smith » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

I've bought 3 x TBS6285 and I'm using them in ubuntu 10.04.4 32 bit. I've compiled driver and installed modules, and every thing went smoothly.

I've tested one card with VDR for one week, but after that, I've got these message in dmesg output, after I try to use card:

[ 130.500562] tbs62x1fe - demod command is not responding
[ 130.916428] TurboSight TBS 62X1 Frontend:
[ 130.916428] tbs62x1fe - demod command is not responding
[ 132.140040] TurboSight TBS 62X1 Frontend:
[ 132.140040] tbs62x1fe - demod command is not responding

This card was recognized by system in start normally, and this messages start showing after any program, like VDR, or dvb-apps scan, tries to use card for tuning, and there is no data output from card.

I've tested many different software changes, compiled driver again, but at last, I've changed this card with another same card, and found that this seems a hardware problem, and other card works very well. It seems frontend chip of this card got damaged by itself.

It is really frustrating, I planned to buy more of these cards for my users, but it seems this card hardware is very susceptible to damage.

Please somebody help me to find how this happened, and how could I get sure my future cards don't burn so easily.

Best regards.
mic77smith

Re: TBS 6285 tuner problem just after one week?

Postby cody » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:37 pm

please, try the card using 'scan' and 'tzap' tools - if the same errors happen then something is wrong with the card hardware. if there are no such messages when using 'scan' and 'tzap' tools and everything works then it must me some problem related to VDR.

[EDIT]

sorry, i missed to read what you wrote at the end - i mean the following:

... I've changed this card with another same card, and found that this seems a hardware problem, and other card works very well. It seems frontend chip of this card got damaged by itself...

so, based on that and my initial post - i totally agree with you that's just faulty card - please, contact us to arrange a replacement.
cody

Return to Linux