Moderator Control Panel ]

Issues building Linux drivers

Issues building Linux drivers

Postby Dadeos » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:32 am

Hi,

I have experienced a couple of issues whilst building the Linux drivers and would like to provide some feedback regarding them.

The first issue surrounds the permissions associated with the directories contained within the “linux-tbs-drivers.tar.bz2” file that forms part of the Linux drivers’ distribution. It appears that all of the directories are stored without the “execute” bit set for the owner (i.e. with permissions of “drw-r-xr-x”). This causes various “file not found” errors to be generated by the build if it is invoked by the user that expanded the archive.

The second issue concerns the functionality provided for explicitly specifying a kernel version against which to build the drivers (i.e. “make release VER=x.y.z”). There appears to be an error in the regular expression used to capture the “PATCHLEVEL” of the provided version string. Currently this regular expression only captures a single digit of the second element of the provided version string such that providing “VER=3.14.0” is interpreted as “3.4.0”. Please see attached “Makefile.VER.patch” that resolves this issue.

Thanks

Peter
Attachments
Makefile.VER.patch.zip
Patch to fix incorrect kernel version regular expression
(616 Bytes) Downloaded 293 times
Dadeos

Return to Linux