Moderator Control Panel ]

Openelec for MatrixTBS

Re: Openelec for MatrixTBS

Postby vpeter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:37 pm

stevie101, there is no branch yet. I'm putting small chunks in openelec repo for easier review. It will take 2 or three commits and we will have everything in place.

If you need something special in my image let me know and I will try to add.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Cjcr » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:34 pm

I just tested this new build and it seems to work fine. Also, my dvb-t stick (Terratec T-Stick+) works! The only downside for now is there's not TBS devices support :(
Great work!
Cjcr

Postby vpeter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Cjcr Wrote:The only downside for now is there's not TBS devices support
Start nagging TBS for helping me with a driver (complete kernel module for this linux version, some binary blob to build kernel or complete sources).

Of course in official version will only come sources. But if I get some binary blob I can make unofficial images.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Cjcr » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:55 pm

vpeter Wrote:
Cjcr Wrote:The only downside for now is there's not TBS devices support
Start nagging TBS for helping me with a driver (complete kernel module for this linux version, some binary blob to build kernel or complete sources).

Of course in official version will only come sources. But if I get some binary blob I can make unofficial images.

I don't know why they don't help you :( ... this is good for them because can sell more devices if they release the sources. We will see.
Cjcr

Postby franky384 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:14 pm

vpeter Wrote:If you need something special in my image let me know and I will try to add.

Is it possible to add opkg support to your openelec-build ? So far I found no way to edit the list of installed packages. No support for "make menuconfig" or something like that. :cry:
franky384

Postby vpeter » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:48 pm

franky384 Wrote:Is it possible to add opkg support
No. There is no interest for this. Only things you have are official and unofficial addons.
vpeter

Postby milan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 am

Hello,

many thanks for the work you all put into the tbs2910.

I just installed 'OpenELEC-iMX6.arm-devel-20140914113348-r19210-g2d9c62b-Gotham-shutdown-spdif.tar' on my v1.3 box and found four issues.

1. Kernel message buffer is filled with messages like 'INFO: rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU { 2} '
2. Usb devices pluged into the box won't work, a lsusb will not return.
3. If I plug the box into my TV with CEC enabled the box will freeze with a message like 'Configuring PulseEight ...'.
4. Shutdown stuck at Udevil mount service.

The box works with the 'OpenELEC-TBS.arm-devel-20140807170606-r18774-g2c40356.zip' release.

Any idea? Need more info?
milan

Postby vpeter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:43 pm

1.) Didn't see anything like that on my system. But will double check. When this happens? In idle or when playing something?
2.) Will check with more devices. Do you see the content if device is connected before powering up?
3.) Don't have CEC - it was only tested by diabloss on newer matrix system. When this happen? If you connect the system to TV and power it up?
4.) Maybe related with 2). It should fully shutdown. What is the status of blue LED? Is it always on, blinks or off?
vpeter

Postby Dragonway » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Hello,

What is the difference openelec and openelec gotham?
What version of XBMC ?

What advice can you give for not losing any configuration to update?

Thank for your answer
Dragonway

Postby vpeter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Openelec is using Helix Xbmc/Kodi release (v14). Because there has been some request I made another build with Xbmc Gotham (v13).

It's not good to use same configuration for jumping one version to another (helix to gotham or vice versa). Make a backup in any case.
vpeter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements