Moderator Control Panel ]

Openelec for MatrixTBS

Re: Openelec for MatrixTBS

Postby vpeter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Cjcr, previous post updated with Helix link.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Cjcr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:31 pm

vpeter Wrote:Cjcr, previous post updated with Helix link.

Great! Thank you ;)
Cjcr

Postby milan » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Hello vpeter,

MatrixTV v1.3 can not sput down power supply, so the usefullness of an rtc is limited :-).

Regarding dt files. The cleanest solution in my opinion would be an own set of dt files for MatrixTV. We can add the missing analog audio port, if anyone cares about analog audio though.
milan

Postby vpeter » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Does Matrix v1.3 even have RTC chip? I have v1.2 which doesn't. But v2 does have it.

Regarding own dt files for matrix: the problem is who will maintain them? It was broken on a few kernels I checked and this kernel from Cubox-i is one where almost everything works. I just need to add ir receiver, fan output and spdif. Currently checking PCIe stuff.

And if you have a node for analog audio output just send it.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby vpeter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:48 am

milan Wrote:-CONFIG_RTC_DRV_SNVS=y
+# CONFIG_RTC_DRV_SNVS is not set

Can you try build and run
Code: Select All Code
CONFIG_RTC_DRV_SNVS=m
and check lsmod/dmesg if it was loaded and if it works for you.

According to default configs all have it y. So it is default usage in my config.
vpeter

Postby franky384 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:31 am

vpeter Wrote:Dear users,

this is mine latest image:
OpenELEC-iMX6.arm-devel-20141003181523-r19314-gf779b3e-Gotham-ljalves_media_build.tar - http://l.bitcasa.com/-_Wr198g
OpenELEC-iMX6.arm-devel-20141004135730-r19314-gf779b3e-Helix-ljalves_media_build.tar - http://l.bitcasa.com/nTsPb9Cp

[/code]

Is it possible to use the OpenELEC update method with this images? Copy KERNEL and SYSTEM to update folder and reboot?
Or must i use the Matrix MfgTool ?
franky384

Postby franky384 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:10 am

Bad news,
the new Gotham Build doesn't boot into XBMC if my DVBSky S960 USB Tuner is connected to the Matrix. The previous build worked without probs.
I attach my putty output, there seems to be a Problem with the dvb-modules. When i start without the tuner everything works fine.
I'll try the Helix-build later and report if it's working.

putty_output.zip
putty.log
(46.99 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
It's a text file, had to rename it cause uploading .txt files is not allowed ?

Edit:
Same issue with the Helix build, not starting with DVB-Tuner connected. Without Tuner XBMC starts ok, but Samba-Server doesn't work. ssh login is working. Also Display-errors, parts of the screen dont update. When i try to play a movie from my Zyxel-NAS the Box freezes complete, have to push power to reboot.

I will reinstall the build from 14.09., which worked allright with my Tuner and my NAS. Can you make builds without the updated dvb-drivers , i think that will work.
franky384

Postby milan » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi vpeter,

I have attached two patches. First one will disable the inbuild imx6 rtc via dt files. That will make my prior patch to disable the rtc-driver in Kernel obsolete. The second patch will enable sgtl5000 audio codec. _BUT_ this will break compatibility with the original sabresd hardware.
Attachments
MatrixTV.zip
rtc + audio patches
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
milan

Postby vpeter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:57 pm

franky384, update works with copying tar file to update folder. Same as updating all other openelec systems.
And it's normal that DVBSky tuner now doesn't work because mixing different drivers has lot of bad effects. With this build I was interested only on TBS tuners. If all goes well there will be different images with different drivers inside. Seems there is not much tbs matrix users with openelec.

Difference between Gotham and Helix is only XBMC/Kodi version. Nothing else.

milan, thank you for the patches. Now the rtc is disabled in device tree for sabresd platform. Right? This means it only affect matrix system.
For analog audio I will see if will be included. Who needs analog audio anyway :lol:

Mhm, maybe it would be better to have different device tree for tbs matrix. It would be easier to use all the differences.
Last edited by vpeter on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vpeter

Postby Cjcr » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

I tried this build now (Kodi 14):

- If connect a DVB-T stick that worked before, OpenElect doesn't load (in fact, it crash)
- Video Deinterlace isn't available in this build (I can't enable it)
- Samba works.
- Update system works.
- TBS5925 USB ... I will test it later on.

That's all for now.
Cjcr

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements