Attached new start log.

bzoli72
Attachments
Start log v3.zip
(8.41 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
bzoli72

Re: OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Postby vpeter » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:21 am

Now I don't know if kernel doesn't even boot or there is still something missing in uEnv.txt. Because after line Starting kernel ...there should be lots and lots of lines.

Sorry but I'm not able to fix this.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Imrisko » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 pm

vpeter Wrote:
Sorry but I'm not able to fix this.

That's no one to help_!?
Imrisko

Postby vpeter » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Ok, seems I was totally confused by few things I do. We are talking about not booting problems on matrix v1.3 from the first time? And not v1.2 like I though (probably no such revision). I do have 1.3 and 2.1 revisions and both are booting fine with 5.0.0 image from the first post.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby nwagenaar » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:24 am

vpeter Wrote:Any other uses live-tv? Or there are just 2 users.

I use the LiveTV option as well. I re-installed the OpenElec 5.0 version from page 11. I can confirm there's a lot of stuttering and breakage in LiveTV while using TVHeadend in combination with my hdhomerun. This happens both in SDTV and 1080i HDTV Live streams (both show stuttering/breakage in preview mode, 1080i Life Streams are mostly affected in full screen mode) where 1080i streams seem to be played back in 15FPS according to the system information monitor.

FYI: I'm using the internal hdhomerun integration which doesn't require the hdhomerun application (read: it directly connects to the device and doesn't require the dvb modules) considering that this combination worked without issues on my x86-64 OpenElec installation. The zapping is almost instant and there's almost no buffering with this integration.

I'm going to test if the issue is there with the hdhomerun application and/or with VDR considering that I didn't had this issue with the previous OpenElec versions.
nwagenaar

Postby nwagenaar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm

So, as promised I did some tests:

- TVHeadend with internal dvbhdhomerun configuration gives continuity errors and results of breakage of both the SDTV and HDTV streams
- TVHeadend with dvbhdhomerun dvb-devices configuration gives continuity errors and results of breakage of both the SDTV and HDTV streams
- VDR with dvbhdhomerun dvb-devices configuration produces no breakage and/or continuity errors.

Guess that the current unofficial TVHeadend build is the culprit for the "bad" reception issues. I don't count this as an OpenElec TBS issue anymore :)

However: both in TVHeadend and VDR the 1080i HDTV streams (MPEG4/H264) are stuttering/jerky and the sound seems to lag. It's like that frames are dropped. The CPU utilization is normal and using de-interlacing doesn't make it better. I'll try tonight if the "adjust display refresh rate to match content" and/or 1080i resolution will fix this.

Edit: Guess that it's a known issue -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211289, https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc/issues/70 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6351
nwagenaar

Postby Dinos52 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 am

nwagenaar Wrote:Guess that the current unofficial TVHeadend build is the culprit for the "bad" reception issues. I don't count this as an OpenElec TBS issue anymore :)

I'm not sure if your conclusion is true! My Matrix has multi boot functionality an I can choose between the original TBS MatrixTV software and OpenELEC. Both versions are using the same PVR client "VU+Enigma2" to decode streaming TV from my SAT receiver VU+ Duo2. MatrixTV with Gotham works fine but with OpenELEC/Kodi LiveTV is absolutely unusable, as stated above. I'm sorry to confirm this.
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:47 am

So new OpenELEC images are not needed anymore.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 am

No, no it is needed for all users who are not using live-tv! Sorry if my statement was abusive for you, this was not my intention!
Dinos52

Postby nwagenaar » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 am

Dinos52 Wrote:
nwagenaar Wrote:Guess that the current unofficial TVHeadend build is the culprit for the "bad" reception issues. I don't count this as an OpenElec TBS issue anymore :)

I'm not sure if your conclusion is true! My Matrix has multi boot functionality an I can choose between the original TBS MatrixTV software and OpenELEC. Both versions are using the same PVR client "VU+Enigma2" to decode streaming TV from my SAT receiver VU+ Duo2. MatrixTV with Gotham works fine but with OpenELEC/Kodi LiveTV is absolutely unusable, as stated above. I'm sorry to confirm this.

I've tried Live TV after updating to OpenElec 5.0.2 and using the "adjust display refresh rate to match content"-option under Video. This has solved it for me. LiveTV on a 1080i H264 stream doesn't encounter any jutter anymore and the sound is now in sync.

My advice would be to use that option by allowing the Advanced options.
nwagenaar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements