Moderator Control Panel ]

OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Re: OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Postby vpeter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Dinos52 Wrote:but as long the GPU Vivante GC2000 from Matrix is not 100% supported by OpenELEC we will never get stutter free HD videos.
Seems you or me don't understand anything about that. Cubox-i and Matrix are almost the same systems because both are using same SoC. If you have anything running on one system you have it on another also. So I assume Cubox-i doesn't work well either.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:37 pm

I'm a normal user with expectations and I'm able to replay and compare a lot of different hd material / sources. If I see / hear audio repeats, stuttering picture (see upload), then I must not understand everything! With that impressions it's sufficient for me to conclude that the software isn't mature and optimized for this target(s), including presumably Cubox & co. One thing I definitely know: It is NOT the hardware!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Dinos52 Wrote:conclude that the software isn't mature and optimized for this target(s), including presumably Cubox & co.
Sure, but there is nothing to optimize ESPECIALLY for TBS Matrix. This is what I want to tell you. So even with official Matrix image you will get the same results.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Nothing to optimize? Please have a look! Huge jitter frames, audio totally asynchronous, audio echoes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuyi1q18c6busc8/IMG_0060.MOV?dl=0 (resolution reduced)

And please answer me one question: Why is your last special build from XBMC 13.2 (21.12.14) ok? For me, that is why the migration in OpenELEC of the GPU driver from XBMC 2 Kodi totally failed!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 am

Dinos52 Wrote:Nothing to optimize? Please have a look! Huge jitter frames, audio totally asynchronous, audio echoes
I don't think this has anything to do with TBS Matrix system because this are imx6 issues. Why can't you understand this.

Dinos52 Wrote:And please answer me one question: Why is your last special build from XBMC 13.2 (21.12.14) ok? For me, that is why the migration in OpenELEC of the GPU driver from XBMC 2 Kodi totally failed!
Why are you asking me all this? Because I don't know! What I did was just provide special imx6 build for matrix and udoo from what openelec has for current imx6 build.
Last edited by vpeter on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:13 am

No, it's definitely not an iMX6 issue! Once again: OpenELEC Gotham 13.2 is ok on the Matrix! And once again: I definitely do NOT want to blame you! I know from my profession as project manager with responsibility for more than 20 software engineers, that these people are very, very sensible against criticism. I do not know your age but but I think you must learn to bear this positive!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:25 am

Dinos52 Wrote:No, it's definitely not an iMX6 issue! Once again: OpenELEC Gotham 13.2 is ok on the Matrix!
Then tell me what is the difference between TBS Matrix, Udoo and Cubox-i? Almost nothing. Your issues should happen on all systems and not just matrix. And did you reported this issues on Kodi github or anything else? Probably not. And you expect solution? Good one :P

And do you remember the deinterlace issues you had if I'm not mistaken? Helix can work just the same as Gotham - just need correct setup.

Dinos52 Wrote:I do not know your age
My age is enough to understand things. Telling someone who is doing only integration work about some specific bugs has nothing to do with age.

Anyway, I'm done with arguing. If I made any more image I don't want any more feedback for bugs which are clearly kodi/imx6 related. I don't have knowledge to fix them.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:54 am

And did you reported this issues on Kodi github or anything else?

No, it's senseless because they say that the Matrix is NOT supported. And you should know that!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:27 am

Dinos52 Wrote:you should know that!
I don't because I'm not associated with them.

Dinos52 Wrote:
And did you reported this issues on Kodi github or anything else?

No, it's senseless because they say that the Matrix is NOT supported.
I don't see much interest from users like you on openelec forum or github. No wonder why there is no interest to officially support this platform.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 pm

I don't see much interest from users like you on openelec forum or github.

Did you ever had a fight against windmills?
Dinos52

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements