Moderator Control Panel ]

OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Re: OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Postby MikeDotBe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Dinos52 Wrote:@MikeDotBe:
Sorry for interfering, but did you ever try it on another PC or maybe with a virtual machine with a clean OS?

Yes, thats why i asked if it would work better on xp (an os without UAC). I've installed a vmware clean image of xp to try, and same error.
also tryed with another win8 computer @work, same error.
Maybe i'll try with the Win7 laptop of my wife...

vpeter Wrote:Another hint can be this: When MfgTool reports an error stop and close it but leave the board running. Open a new instance of MfgTool and flash again. Maybe the process will succeed.

i think i have already test that, but i'll do it again as it takes seconds to try :)

vpeter Wrote:MikeDotBe, try this image: OpenELEC-imx6.arm-5.0.0-TBS-Matrix-test1.tar
You can run MfgTool2.exe directly. If this doesn't work.... then I'm really out of ideas.

Thanks, I'll try this new image this evening.
MikeDotBe

Postby MikeDotBe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:22 am

vpeter Wrote:Another hint can be this: When MfgTool reports an error stop and close it but leave the board running. Open a new instance of MfgTool and flash again. Maybe the process will succeed.

Does not work...

vpeter Wrote:MikeDotBe, try this image: OpenELEC-imx6.arm-5.0.0-TBS-Matrix-test1.tar
You can run MfgTool2.exe directly. If this doesn't work.... then I'm really out of ideas.

Alleluyaaaaaa

It works like a charm (don't know if that expression is correct in english)...
Great Great Great....
now the matrix tv run kodi :)

I'll make further tests.

What did you change (i run mfgtools directly as you said).

Would you be able to do the same for gotham 4.97.1 ???

Thanks again ...

Did i say thanks yet?

MikeDotBe

Postby MikeDotBe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:49 am

It works... but...
Can't add any extensions.

When i go to System/param/extension /download extension,

either Openelec mediacenter add ons and kodi add on repository are empty.

Mike
MikeDotBe

Postby vpeter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:50 pm

MikeDotBe Wrote:What did you change (i run mfgtools directly as you said).

I change the way how partition script is transferred. Will use this from now on.

MikeDotBe Wrote:Can't add any extensions.
When i go to System/param/extension /download extension,
either Openelec mediacenter add ons and kodi add on repository are empty.

You need to refresh the repository.

MikeDotBe Wrote:Would you be able to do the same for gotham 4.97.1

No old version anymore. Actually even newer versions will only be prepared from time to time. I though support for other imx6 system will be added to official openelec after 5.0.0 will be released. But even after all this time my PR is still on hold and I gave up as you can see here. If anyone wants it can ask there for more informations.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby MikeDotBe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:41 pm

vpeter Wrote:
You need to refresh the repository.

I'll try to do that.

vpeter Wrote:
I though support for other imx6 system will be added to official openelec after 5.0.0 will be released.

You mean they will officially support tbs matrix tv box in the future release of oenelec?

vpeter Wrote:
But even after all this time my PR is still on hold and I gave up as you can see here. If anyone wants it can ask there for more informations.

what is your "PR".?.?
MikeDotBe

Postby vpeter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 pm

MikeDotBe Wrote:
vpeter Wrote:
I though support for other imx6 system will be added to official openelec after 5.0.0 will be released.

You mean they will officially support tbs matrix tv box in the future release of oenelec?

vpeter Wrote:
But even after all this time my PR is still on hold and I gave up as you can see here. If anyone wants it can ask there for more informations.

what is your "PR".?.?

PR - pull request - to merge source code to repository. And it will not happen. Seems there is no interest to have more imx6 systems supported.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby MikeDotBe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:35 pm

ah ok ...
as i see, they support cubox, which they seems to have a partnership with...

When money get involved :)

Anyway THANKS for your job on the matrix.

Edit : You shuld start a thread with openelec 5.0.0 :)
MikeDotBe

Postby Dinos52 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Seems there is no interest to have more imx6 systems supported.

Sadly another 120 Euro for an unsupported media player thrown out of the window! Anyone interested in the box for €80,- (shipping within Germany only)? I will concentrate on my Raspberry Pi2!
Anyway, many thanks to Vpeter for his enthusiasm and patience in answering (stupid) questions!

BTW: TBS support told me that they are working on a Kodi implementation and will publish it in March/April. They didn't mention the year by I thing they meant 2015;-)
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:49 pm

I will make new images but not as promptly as official ones are created. It would be much, much easier to build even unofficial image if everything will be already in openelec repository. But as I pointed out there is no interest to do this. Sadly. Start poking there and on a forum to change that :P
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:26 pm

I will make new images but not as promptly as official ones are created. It would be much, much easier to build even unofficial image if everything will be already in openelec repository. But as I pointed out there is no interest to do this. Sadly. Start poking there and on a forum to change that :P

Yes I like that but as long the GPU Vivante GC2000 from Matrix is not 100% supported by OpenELEC we will never get stutter free HD videos.
Dinos52

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements