Moderator Control Panel ]

OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2 and more

Re: OpenELEC Beta 4.95.2

Postby Dinos52 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Just for your information: I've copied a part of a HD movie (approx. 1GB) to the internal flash of the Matrix. The transfer rate was about 25MByte/s, a fantastic value. But the playback was the same as described. Maybe this helps.
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:40 am

Can you reinstall this version (don't update): http://mirror1.openelec.tv/tbs.matrix/O ... b503e2.tar

And if still doesn't work then point me to some sample files I can download and test myself.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 am

Hi, I've extracted a HD file for test. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u70gm7xtfos5f ... ar.ts?dl=0 . At the moment I have no time to completely re install instead of update. You should watch the whole 5 minutes. Because of 12,5 fps slow motion, the audio is running away. The movie part reproduces 100% ok on other systems. Please let me know if you found a fix.

Another problem: If the box restarts (reset) with SD- and/or uSD-Card inserted, the sw stops into tty mode: "sh: can't access tty: job control turned off". That's all. No boot into Kodi. After removing the card(s), the system boots normally. Thanks!
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:32 pm

When I'm at home I will check this sample.
About reboot and sd card inserted - be sure that there is no file uEnv.txt on it. Because my u-boot bootloader is multiboot capable and first boot from sd card if this file is there. But maybe something changed lately and it is something else. Will check this also.

If you can't reinstall then only fix uEnv.txt with this ssh commands:
Code: Select All Code
mount /flash -o remount,rw
sed -i 's|progress debugging console=ttymxc0,115200 ||' /flash/uEnv.txt
sync
cat /flash/uEnv.txt

You should get
mmcargs=setenv bootargs 'boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=16 dmfc=3'
uenvcmd=if test -n $ethaddr; then true; else setenv ethaddr 1E:ED:19:27:1A:B2; fi
Last edited by vpeter on Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

"Because my u-boot bootloader is multiboot capable"
Sounds interesting! Does it mean that I can boot the original MatrixTV sw alternatively? This would be helpful for compare between Gotham and your Helix builds. Would the .xbmc/.kodi directories of both versions be physically separate? Thanks for your patience! :)
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:05 pm

You can have matrixtv installed on internal memory and openelec on sd card. But you need to install new u-boot in internal memory and prepare card correctly. There has been instructions how to do that in different thread about openelec. Don't have time to go over his and wrote small simplified tutorial. Maybe in near future when some holidays are coming.

Both installations are completely separated (different .kodi folders and so on).

Also check my previous response how to fix your uEnv.txt file.

Multiboot stuff:
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=8859&start=200#p32281
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=8859&start=170#p32223
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:35 pm

Sorry, but the referenced links for bitcasa are out-of-date. However, I first will concentrate for kodi with perfect reproduction of my HD stuff;-) Then I could imagine your proposal (matrixtv internal, kodi on SD or vice versa).
Dinos52

Postby vpeter » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:19 am

Seems I need to find some more reliable online storage. But I assume you don't need that anymore.

Dinos52 Wrote:I first will concentrate for kodi with perfect reproduction of my HD stuff
You should know that imx6 support in kodi is limited. I tried your sample on tbs matrix and cubox-i. And on both systems same problem occur. If you are looking for perfect system you should not pick tbs matrix I assume. In general playback is fine on all 3 imx6 systems (tbs matrix, cubox-i, udoo) but obviously it's not perfect for all media files. Yesterday I tried one sample with 40 mbit/s and it was played fine.

From udoo forum:
mmeinert Wrote:Have seen some movies in various formats, from usb and file server -> WORKS PERFECTLY so far.
vpeter

Postby vpeter » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:37 am

And one more thing: this is interlaced video which is currently work in progress for imx6 platform. So don't expect perfect solution in near future.
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:50 am

"Seems I need to find some more reliable online storage." -> No, the say that they have moved only (from l.bitcasa to drive.bitcasa)

I understand your comments. But how do you explain that these (common used) *.ts files runs fine on the Matrix with MatrixTV (XBMC 13.2) software. Has the support for imx6 been stopped after migration from XBMC 13.2 to Kodi 14.0? As I told you before, I have 4 systems with (now) Kodi (Raspberry Pi, Matrix, Xios DS and FireTV). My goal is to have almost the same userdata (e.g. Thumbnails, Database, Playlists and some xml-files) in all 4 devices. But this works only if the platform (=Kodi) is the same. That's why I am so instantly. And what about the rumors to add imx6 to OpenELEC officially? The Matrix is a very fast system and I can't believe that it has this very poor performance with Kodi! I will close this discussion from my side if you have no better message. But it's really sad that Raspberry Pi has much more better performance than the Matrix!
Dinos52

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements