Moderator Control Panel ]

OpenELEC 5.0.4

Re: OpenELEC 5.0.4

Postby vpeter » Sun May 17, 2015 2:58 am

I think multiboot works only if installed openelec in eMMC. When you install Android or something else in eMMC bootloader is overwritten.

There is an option to replace only bootloader before flashing Android or something in eMMC.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dragonway » Sun May 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Ok vpeter i think the must is android to sdcard but i wait image for sdcard if exist on day..
Dragonway

Postby dubaisatshop » Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 am

I always receive this error and have to reflash Matrix :(
Attachments
image.jpg
dubaisatshop

Postby vpeter » Mon May 18, 2015 2:26 am

dubaisatshop, which matrix version you have?
Seems something happen with filesystem and can't be fixed. Hard to say what. This happen after first reboot or shutdown or when exactly?
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dragonway » Mon May 18, 2015 3:00 am

testing "fsck -y /dev/mmcblk0p2" with keyboard?
Dragonway

Postby jimmyx » Mon May 18, 2015 2:38 pm

vpeter I must first say thank you very much for putting out this openelec version for the matrix, this has revived a box I thought had become obsolete :)

I am having a slight problem, the box will not shut down when I turn the TV off or when I select shut down from the kodi menu, or even when I press the shutdown button the side of the matrix itself... so Ive had to resort to unplugging the box when I want to shut it down and not hear the loud fan constantly running...

That was all well and good until this evening when I rebooted the box and found all my settings have vanished and it is acting as if it was a new openelec install :((

I had to enable the fan and turn the blinking LED off again

fan on
Code: Select All Code
echo "echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/fan/trigger" >>/storage/.config/autostart.sh

blinking led off
echo "echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/red/trigger" >>/storage/.config/autostart.sh

timezone setting to get appropriate time
nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh

to add to autostart:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 30; \
/sbin/ntpd 0.ca.pool.ntp.org; \
)&

chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

ntpd -q -p 0.ca.pool.ntp.org

and now I am having to reload a backup of my kodi settings.. Im worried this will happen again in the future... any suggestions on how to avoid this?

I am running openelec 5.0.8 (I updated from the 5.0.4 version you provided here, could that be the issue?) on a v1.3 board
jimmyx

Postby vpeter » Mon May 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Wait few more days for a new version.
vpeter

Postby jimmyx » Mon May 18, 2015 3:10 pm

was this why it reset itself or was it related to me having to unplug the unit? or because I updated it from your 5.0.4 to 5.0.8 (sorry for all the questions)
jimmyx

Postby dubaisatshop » Tue May 19, 2015 3:01 am

vpeter Wrote:dubaisatshop, which matrix version you have?
Seems something happen with filesystem and can't be fixed. Hard to say what. This happen after first reboot or shutdown or when exactly?

I'm using ver 1.3, happens not after first reboot , it happens randomly
dubaisatshop

Postby jimmyx » Thu May 21, 2015 12:08 pm

sorry to keep hasslin you vpeter but when you have a chance could you please respond to my previous post? thank you :)
jimmyx

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements