Moderator Control Panel ]

Online Update?

Online Update?

Postby FreakyJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Hey guys :)

Will be there an online update in the near future? Or is there a possibility to keep the configuration while updating?
Because I updated today from Matrix Tv v1.0.0 to v1.0.2 and had to configure everything again^^

Thanks
FreakyJ

Re: Online Update?

Postby mijanek » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 am

for the xbmc config, just backup your /root/.xbmc folder. Afterwards you may restore it back simple overwriting the other one. If you use VDR or something elese, you will have to find out where the config directory is located.

Automatic update may be tricky, becouse the Kernel is located on the beginning of the flash in raw format and you will have to keep the same kernel size each time. Maybee there will be an 2nd stage loader later alowing to bootup from anywhere but now, unfortunately not. For the packages this shoudn't be problem at all.
mijanek

Postby matchboxx » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:48 pm

FreakyJ Wrote:Hey guys :)

Will be there an online update in the near future? Or is there a possibility to keep the configuration while updating?
Because I updated today from Matrix Tv v1.0.0 to v1.0.2 and had to configure everything again^^

Thanks

for xbmc you can use addon xbmc backup
matchboxx

Postby FreakyJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 am

thanks for the hints :)
But I'm also talking about reconfiguring WLAN each time, so in general I would still like to have a atutomatic config backup or a separate config partition so that these things don't get lost during an update. But lets see. maybe TBS will add this feature in the future :)
FreakyJ

Postby apache » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:52 am

Hi,

on Raspberry Pi there is something like rpi-update - maybe updating system like this could be implemented on Matrix...
apache

Return to General discussion