Moderator Control Panel ]

How to boot OpenELEC from internal flash?

How to boot OpenELEC from internal flash?

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:00 am

Hi,
I am running OpenELEC 5.95.5 successfully from a SD card on my Matrix. Now I am wondering if I can put the OS to the internal flash to free the SD slot. I'm familiar with the MfGTool and I know that the root file system for Matrix-TBS is in matrix_rootfs.tar.bz2. Can I exchange this file with another file to install OpenELEC? If yes, how to generate a "bz2" file and how to keep the current boot loader (which provides booting from internal or SD flash by choice). What about copying the FS from SD to internal flash directly?
Dinos52

Re: How to boot OpenELEC from internal flash?

Postby vpeter » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:52 am

Why about installing OpenELEC as it supposed to do? With MfgTool to internal flash.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby Dinos52 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Why about installing OpenELEC as it supposed to do? With MfgTool to internal flash.

This was my question! But I don't know how (maybe forgotten). Is there a file for download with MfgTool AND OpenELec?
Dinos52

Postby Dinos52 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:40 am

Done, I found an installation file WITH MfgTool (OpenELEC-imx6.arm-5.95.1-matrix-v1.tar) on your google cloud. Thanks vpeter!
Dinos52

Return to Install and setup