Moderator Control Panel ]

Some BetaTesting :-)

Re: Some BetaTesting :-)

Postby Cjcr » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm

mijanek Wrote:
Cjcr Wrote:@mijanek: Hi, thanks for all these builds.

You already switched to the new xbmc-imx6 branch?
https://github.com/xbmc-imx6

you're wellcome, and yes I'm using the latest dev tree, with new features for video settings, however some of them are stil not working so good as before (eg. deinterlacing)

Yesterday I tested your last build but it doesn't work well, for example: The refresh rate of every fps seems slow (even if XBMC says that it is working at 25 fps.) .. so, it is really annoying for my eyes. :roll: :roll:

I don't know if you know what I mean ... its hard to explain it.

Anyway, they are doing a great work and I see some other improvements like I can change the resolution or the XBMC UI is more smooth than before.
Cjcr

Postby mijanek » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Cjcr Wrote:I don't know if you know what I mean ... its hard to explain it.

I know what you mean, I'm havung tghs too.. The refresh rate is still fine, but there are many frames drops. mostely if there was some bad frame, it stutters. Additional to that are the Vivante drivers not perfect so this can take some time to get alle fixed or with some workarround...
mijanek

Postby mijanek » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:40 pm

here new xbmc version, this looks insteresting from the comments in the commits (fixignmosaic/fixgreenband/featdeint/deinterlacing support/fixbufferalloc) :-)

Install using opkg install xxx.opg --force-downgrade option
mijanek

Postby Cjcr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 pm

mijanek Wrote:here new xbmc version, this looks insteresting from the comments in the commits (fixignmosaic/fixgreenband/featdeint/deinterlacing support/fixbufferalloc) :-)

Install using opkg install xxx.opg --force-downgrade option

Isn't there anymore. Link broken.
:?:
Cjcr

Postby mijanek » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Hmm, don't underst6and why, on sftp I do see the files but not on the download page.. :shock:

Ok... it says Pending on the admin view.. so I guess it takes some time for replication...
mijanek

Postby Cjcr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:27 pm

mijanek Wrote:Hmm, don't underst6and why, on sftp I do see the files but not on the download page.. :shock:

Ok... it says Pending on the admin view.. so I guess it takes some time for replication...

The link now works.

I "downgrade" my box with this build but I get a black screen when XBMC loads ... That happens to you too? :(
Cjcr

Postby mijanek » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:04 am

yes, it was the same for me. Than I removed the old config under rm -r /root/.xbmc and restarted xbmc, and this time it works.
mijanek

Postby Cjcr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:12 pm

mijanek Wrote:yes, it was the same for me. Than I removed the old config under rm -r /root/.xbmc and restarted xbmc, and this time it works.

Yes, I did and now works :D

This version (I tested only few minutes with some videos) and I need to say that It works great ... only found a video with problems (in the previous build doesn't work at all, so it's something)

Also, the XBMC UI is more smooth than before even in a 1080p monitor .. so that's great.

So, for now I found two downsides:

- Video start to do some strange things when XBMC UI is on screen (but not always)
- A Xvid AVI video problems with sync lips and framerate.
- Mute doesn't work (in any release).

I think I will report these downsides to the imx6-xbmc team. Maybe they want to know all of this.
Cjcr

Postby mijanek » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:06 pm

- A Xvid AVI video problems with sync lips and framerate

Do you test with my latest kernel or with the matrix one? There is one setting for the VPU which needs to be configured, unless you will get audio sync issues (over HDMI).

UI Overlays are still causing video playback stuttering, but we will see hoever there will be driver improvement from freescale (currently seems to be staled here)...
mijanek

Postby Cjcr » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm

mijanek Wrote:
- A Xvid AVI video problems with sync lips and framerate

Do you test with my latest kernel or with the matrix one?

With your latest kernel.
Cjcr

PreviousNext

Return to Development