Moderator Control Panel ]

tbs2910 support in mainline u-boot

Re: tbs2910 support in mainline u-boot

Postby moch » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:21 pm

There is a mainline u-boot v2015.01-rc4 with working matrix support now.

Build as usual:
Code: Select All Code
make distclean
make tbs2910_defconfig
make -j6 u-boot.imx

This u-boot should work for all matrix board versions (unfortunately there is not much information about the new version 2.3 available - and I have no access to such board). Feel free to submit patches to the u-boot mailing list, if you need modifications (don't forget to cc: the maintainers)!

BTW: special device tree support for matrix boards is available in linux-3.19-rc1, no need to use sabresd anymore.
moch

Postby vpeter » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:51 pm

moch, sorry but I missed your last post. Nice that everything is available.
But as I wrote for openelec we are using specific u-boot and kernel versions. But I will probably took your changes and merge them in our sources.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby moch » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:38 am

Starting with u-boot v2015.04 now it is possible to export the internal eMMC card as usb mass storage device. Just type in the u-boot command
Code: Select All Code
ums 0 mmc 2
and connect the board via the mini-USB connector to another computer. You can access the user partition of the eMMC card as if it is a normal USB stick now (partition, format, mount file systems, copy images).

Type CTRL+C to interrupt the ums u-boot command, be sure to sync / umount the "usb stick" on the other computer before...

Have fun,
Soeren
moch

Previous

Return to Development