Moderator Control Panel ]

Drivers for other architectures/ Synology NAS

Drivers for other architectures/ Synology NAS

Postby tom1502 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Where can I find Linux drivers for non-x86 architectures? I want to use the 5680 with tvheadend on my Synology NAS, but am lacking the driver. As the card can be used with the DVBLogic software on the NAS, there must be a driver available. Unfortunately DVBLink gives me unacceptable channel switching times which prevents me from using it in a productive environment.
tom1502

Re: Drivers for other architectures/ Synology NAS

Postby diabloss » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:21 pm

i really subscribe to this request as i will want to use the TBS dvb-c stick on TBS Matrix arm minipc.
So dear TBS team provide us some arm platform drivers if will be possible.
diabloss

Postby cody » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:14 pm

@tom

we provided the drivers to DVBlogic and they distribute them as part of their software installation for those NAS platform. however, if you don't want to use their software, you can still get the drivers from there. so, for 5680 the main driver files are dvb-usb-tbs5680.ko and tbs5680fe.ko - you can search for them and basically copy all drivers from the DVBlogic installation and install and load them manually with insmod.

@diabloss : in Matrix kernel we're providing all TBS USB DVB devices are already supported - you do not need to install any drivers.
cody

Postby tom1502 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Hey Cody,

Thanks for your reply! As I have some "outdated" Linux knowledge, guess what I did this weekend ;).
But wouldn't it make sense for you to officially provide them? I mean you advertise Linux support and have the drivers...
Honestly I really think about just sending the device back and buy a sundtek stick as they are a bit more open there as it reads through the forums. Would be sad as I like the solid build quality of the tbs product.

I still experience some problems with channels on a specific mux where I can't get a workable a/v quality for certain sd channels and hd just gives me grey. Both in DVBLink and tvheadend.
Can you help me here? What can I do to analyze?
The Mux is 450kHz, QAM256 6900 kbaud

Would be nice if we get this sorted out!
tom1502

Postby cody » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:11 pm

we have no resources to provide support for ARM in Linux - the only support for ARM in Linux we provide is for our own ARM-based solution (where we can test) and for NAS systems supported by DVBlogic (which they can test). so, if there is USB tuner that you know works good in any ARM system then obviously it would be better choice for you.

so, having said the above - if the problem is reproducible on your NAS system with DVBlogic software then my suggestion is to contact them, because they have a lot of experience with those NAS system and give you better advice.

however, i believe it's always good to check with "scan" and "czap" tools if the lock is stable on those frequency - i need to search, but here there is one thread with a lot of information when we initially debug a problem with 5680 drivers on Synology NAS.

[EDIT] that' the old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=8459&p=28401&hilit=synology#p28401

basically if it works good with "scan" and "czap", that rules out drivers or hardware problem.
cody

Postby tom1502 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Where do I find czap? The latest 5680 driver comes with szap... Which won't help I guess...

and all the other dvb-c packages i've checked too :(
maybe a little mistake happend while preparing the DVB-C zip's ?
tom1502

Postby tom1502 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 pm

ok, some news here. the device is not to blame here. i've tried it at another DVB connection port (no clue what the right english word for the thing to plug the cable in the wall is..) in another room, and there it works perfectly smooth. So i have to find out whats wrong with the one i want to use...

Thx & Cheers,
Tom
tom1502

Return to Linux