Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6281+Asus N3150I-C

TBS6281+Asus N3150I-C

Postby JMRR » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Please help me out on this one.

I have one TBS6281 on one Asus N3150I-C, and is giving me problems.
The TBS works very well on another test board( tested on asus P8H61 ), but this one (N3150), lspci doesent even show the device.
Im running ubuntu 14.04 basic instalation on both builds.
This Asus board only has one bios resead (first release), and there arent many bios configurations options.
Is there any solution to make this tbs compatible with this board?

Thanks in advance.
JMRR

Re: TBS6281+Asus N3150I-C

Postby anti » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 pm

In Oct 2017 I can confirm from my experiences that this motherboard of Asus N3150I-C is problematic due poor BIOS software.

I have TBS 6205 PCIe card, Debian Stretch, official drivers and this N3150 mobo with latest BIOS (version 0510). Using mainly for Tvheadend. The main problem is that this mobo "forgets" my TV card after some amount of reboots, usually within 5 times. The solution is to make cold boot - unplug the power cord or switch off the power completely from PSU switch if you have one. After that TV card is detected again. Warm rebooting as a solution is totally useless. Also from time to time my USB reader for OSCam decryption stops functioning and has to be relocated to another USB port. The same TBS6205 card works in my another Asus motherboad C8HM70-I/HDMI like a charm with zero problems whatsoever.

I have tried out all the officially available BIOS versions - no difference in that behavior, sooner or later the card goes as undetected. I have pointed out that issue to ASUS support but this has been way too complicated stuff for the lower level of support :-)

In overall it's good motherboard for any other use, but at this stage I recommend to avoid this mobo for TBS cards.

I point all that out to this post so that Google could tell that to others too :-)
anti

Return to Linux