Moderator Control Panel ]

New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2347

Re: New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2347

Postby costan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:05 pm

ivx675 Wrote:Send him PM, ask is there any reason for removed or new coming ?
If you can't get binaries, PM me i can send 4.1-2347

Hello,

sorry for not reading/repling. I was very busy since we had (another) daughter in March.

I did not remove the code, my friend just was in process of migrating from old server to the new one and probably unwillingly disabled access to my site.

If you try downloading now it should be working.

As soon as I get some spare time (and some sleepy nights, these days are almost sleepless) I'll try to push some new version.

Ciao
costan

Postby MariuCh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:46 am

Hi,
Or could you share the instructions for building new software versions for MOI+? Is not it simpler for you :?:
I tried but I could not compile a working version ... The members of the tvheadend.org forum were unable to help :!: TBS supporters are also reluctant to help :? ...

Regards,
MariuCh
MariuCh

Postby costan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am

MariuCh Wrote:Hi,
Or could you share the instructions for building new software versions for MOI+? Is not it simpler for you :?:
I tried but I could not compile a working version ... The members of the tvheadend.org forum were unable to help :!: TBS supporters are also reluctant to help :? ...

Regards,
MariuCh

It's something I'm promising to do as soon as I can.

But bear in mind that is not that simple.

The cross-compile environment is a bunch of hundreds of MB, and then it comes to adjust a number of factors on the TVH code to make it compile.

Basically there's a number of modification for the configure script (mainly disable codecs for transcoding, they are unuseful on MOI+, not enough horsepower), and an intentional typo on atomic64 configure check, otherwise it will compile but refuse to run due to a kernel helper not available on ARM kernel before 3.x tree. And you still need to tweak the C compiler/libraries to point to the right place.

As said, I'll try to push the code, but I suspect it will take some issues, probably some headaches and patience to make it work.

And I'm not sure I can support.

Now the good news.

The 4.2.1 version is almost ready, I need to test for a couple of days on my box and I'll provide to all of you.

Ciao
costan

Postby MariuCh » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 am

costan Wrote:But bear in mind that is not that simple.
The cross-compile environment is a bunch of hundreds of MB, and then it comes to adjust a number of factors on the TVH code to make it compile.

I try to use this cross compiler http://sourceforge.net/projects/moiplus ... p/download

costan Wrote:Basically there's a number of modification for the configure script (mainly disable codecs for transcoding, they are unuseful on MOI+, not enough horsepower), and an intentional typo on atomic64 configure check, otherwise it will compile but refuse to run due to a kernel helper not available on ARM kernel before 3.x tree. And you still need to tweak the C compiler/libraries to point to the right place.

I tried with the help of the tvheadend support set the compiler and led to the state as a binary file was created. But it does not work. There is probably the "tweak" modifications needed.

costan Wrote:As said, I'll try to push the code, but I suspect it will take some issues, probably some headaches and patience to make it work.

Something I already know about it :)

costan Wrote:Now the good news.

The 4.2.1 version is almost ready, I need to test for a couple of days on my box and I'll provide to all of you.

That's good news :D

One more question - is the environment you use for compilation is virtual?
MariuCh

Postby costan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:20 am

MariuCh Wrote:
costan Wrote:But bear in mind that is not that simple.

I try to use this cross compiler http://sourceforge.net/projects/moiplus ... p/download

costan Wrote:Basically there's a number of modification for the configure script (mainly disable codecs for transcoding, they are unuseful on MOI+, not enough horsepower), and an intentional typo on atomic64 configure check, otherwise it will compile but refuse to run due to a kernel helper not available on ARM kernel before 3.x tree. And you still need to tweak the C compiler/libraries to point to the right place.

I tried with the help of the tvheadend support set the compiler and led to the state as a binary file was created. But it does not work. There is probably the "tweak" modifications needed.

costan Wrote:As said, I'll try to push the code, but I suspect it will take some issues, probably some headaches and patience to make it work.

Something I already know about it :)

costan Wrote:Now the good news.

That's good news :D

One more question - is the environment you use for compilation is virtual?

The developing environment you mentioned never worked for me. I don't know if it was due to my inexperience at the moment (I learned the needed tweaks only after a lot of try&error, rebuild, changes etc.) or simply the compiler was too outdated for the new TVH versions.

I basically used the very same tool TBS used to create the environment, to build mine. Actually I used for more than just MOI+, I also have another ARMv9 box (that is 64 bits) and created a dedicated environment also for it.

The tool is crosstool-ng, and it takes something like 3 days just to have it create the build environment. Then I discovered some more tweaks needed for the library parts (GLIBC needed a tweak to have DNS working, otherwise it always fails). Rinse and repeat.. the build phase goes in between 1.5h to 2h depending on the load of my server.

The box I use it's virtual, it's a CentOS 6 guest inside a CentOS 6 host. I fucking love CentOS :)

After I build a working cross-compiling environment I cross-compiled all the required libraries and finally TVH.

The recipe is almost this

Code: Select All Code

ZLib

CC=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./configure --prefix=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/

OpenSSL
CC=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./Configure
--prefix=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/ shared zlib linux-armv4

libdvbcsa
CC=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./configure --prefix=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/ --host=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi

TVHeadend

Tweak configure script, disable all the library for transcoding, ffmpeg, homerun.

CC=/home/costan/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --arch=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi --enable-dvbcsa

Tweak .config.mk, add -static to LDFLAGS before -ldvbcsa

make
make install prefix=.......

I'll try to push all the environment and the compiled libraries in the upcoming days, so only TVH part will be needed.
costan

Previous

Return to MOI+