Moderator Control Panel ]

New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2347

New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2347

Postby costan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:54 am

Hello,

the last TVH *UNSTABLE* version.

I did not have the chance to test it extensively on my box, but the short test I made showed that it's a little slower on channel switch, but it's less CPU intensive. I was able to stream from 4xDVB-T adapter from 4 encrypted MUX at the same time, 3 HD and 1 SD (One of the client I used wasn't capable of HD, probably it would have worked also with 4xHD).

NEW VERSION: 4.1-2347

Instruction almost the same as the other thread viewtopic.php?f=164&t=9352 (just replace -new with -4.1-2347).

Pointer:

http://www.costan.org/moiplus/README-4.1-2347.txt

Indeed I had no chance to test it, so use at YOUR OWN RISK.

Let me know if it works, anyway :)
costan

Re: New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2347

Postby ivx675 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:23 am

Hi,

Thanks so far running stable and all well.

Also i found my mysterious channel switching problem and offcourse it's my dummy head fault.
In our era we have same channels in multiple MUX, i added in "service mapper" all channels, it merged multiple MUX for same channel, but i must use one specific MUX of my service provider only ...

Last your provided version was very stable, no restarts needed ...

Thanks again,
ivx675

Postby costan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:33 am

ivx675 Wrote:Hi,

Thanks so far running stable and all well.

Also i found my mysterious channel switching problem and offcourse it's my dummy head fault.
In our era we have same channels in multiple MUX, i added in "service mapper" all channels, it merged multiple MUX for same channel, but i must use one specific MUX of my service provider only ...

Last your provided version was very stable, no restarts needed ...

Thanks again,

Oh, yes.. I know the story.
Same here. The services are broadcasted on all MUXes (or almost all MUXes), while the actual channel is on one MUX only, obviously.

TVH sees there's the PMT and shows the line in the services, while the PCR nor the video/audio streams are there. I suspect it's a bad behavior here in Italy, where DVB-T frequencies where managed by the Devil itself. Now they are trying to fix all the shit Berlusconi made and create a well organized spectrum with a full digital, DVB-T2 enabled transmission.. but still every region here has its own frequency assignment and thus we still have some "temporary" channels moving around the MUXes..

In this case you need to check the blue info mark near the service to make sure the feed contains everything is expected (at least video and audio for TV and audio for radio channels). This way you won't miss a shot.

Anyway, I'm happy the version works, and I'm eager to test the 4K channels :) ... Indeed I also have a 4K TV Box with DVB-T/DVB-S tuner (Android based, you can hack a linux on Open/LibreELEC), but the tuner are very buggy, and 4K on the SAT is not working on Android (at least for Hotbird channels), while is something problematic on LibreELEC, you need a patched VDR (TVH is not working that well), and it's not that great.

In this case MOI+ seems to be 10 years in the future, while is actually 5 years behind... Let's see if my release can bring it in the 4k world..
costan

Postby hp31 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 am

Hello,
Best thanks for this version.
Sat-ip now works with my Panaconic TV (TX-50DXW734) as Clint very well.
With OSCam also no problems with PayTv reception.
Please keep it up so, I think that others are looking forward to an update.
hp31

Postby costan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:47 am

hp31 Wrote:Hello,
Best thanks for this version.
Sat-ip now works with my Panaconic TV (TX-50DXW734) as Clint very well.
With OSCam also no problems with PayTv reception.
Please keep it up so, I think that others are looking forward to an update.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm happy the SAT-IP is now working. Honestly I had it working by using minisatip software (I cross compiled it by self) on the MOI+ and a remote TVH, but on 4.1 it's something more complex, and gave up.

But this is a very good news for the Panasonic owners. Does the decrypt of PayTv works also on SAT-IP or just by TVH?

Currently I have an LG TV, no SAT-IP client embedded, and I use either SSIPTV app (before) or an external TV Box with Kodi, but would I buy a Panasonic SAT-IP TV, will it work with PayTV or do I need a TVH client?
costan

Postby hp31 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 am

Hello,
In this version of TVH works the Sat> IP server.
Sat> IP Clint works similar to KODI, PayTV is decrypted using OSCAM.
One of my used Diablo-Cam-WiFi is also supported by Oscam.
For testing: DVB Viewer Lite for Windows.
Eyetv Sat> IP for Android (only free TV).
2 x SAT input = Parallel use of KODI and Sat> IP Clint.
hp31

Postby MariuCh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 am

Hello,
Version 4.1-2347 is unstable for me - crash and restarts many times and next working stable for a few hours...
Version 4.1-2211 is stable but reports some "Continuity counter errors'" that not report 4.1-2347.

Can you compile newer version 4.1.2409?

Regards,
MariuCh
MariuCh

Postby ivx675 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:24 pm

I use 4.1-2347, since "costan" released it. It is very stable(no crashes or restars), but it has one annoying problem. If DVB-T reception gets bad(not decodable), it resets all connections connected to server(including good reception or recordings).
I suspect you didn't delete old configuration folder and didn't reconfigure it from scratch.

Version 4.1.2409, is old(they have some problems refreshing it,if you search forums) and not good, if you see TvHeadend forum, nevwer version should be used ...
ivx675

Postby MariuCh » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:56 pm

OK, You are right :)
Do you have binaries from "costan" because he removed them from his site?

Regards,
MariuCh
MariuCh

Postby ivx675 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Send him PM, ask is there any reason for removed or new coming ?
If you can't get binaries, PM me i can send 4.1-2347
ivx675

Next

Return to MOI+