Moderator Control Panel ]

Help needed for setup VDR

Help needed for setup VDR

Postby MarCelluS » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:45 pm

I started a topic here with high hopes. Now I am few months further and I can not seem to get VDR to work. I there anyone here that can point me to the right path? I spent many many hours online reading website content but nowhere is a roadmap for what one has to do to get VDR working with 2 satellites on a duo quad LNB, used by Canal Digitaal in the Netherlands, and TV Vlaanderen in Belgium. See also my topic before about VDR setup. I feel regret about buying the device, but that is because it is not working.

I just want my smartcard to work and view my subscribed channels. But VDR will not switch or scan second satellite. Why oh why? Anyone using VDR with 2 satellite positions and got it working? I would want to know what config files need to be where... The fancy web interface proves to be useless for VDR.

(If you want to buy my MOI+, send PM)
MarCelluS

Re: Help needed for setup VDR

Postby steven » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi MarCellus

it is like that we have already reply from email, If you still can not get your MOI+ work, you can continue
talk with jack,he will help you to fix this .

Thanks

Kind regards

steven
steven

Postby MarCelluS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Well, that's strange.. I did install teamviewer, like jack asked, added him and then he never reported back, did not respond to my emails. What do I have to do more? Reading your reply it looks like I did not report back, but it is the other way round. But ok, I will send jack<at>tbsdtv.com a mail, see if he's there, but again, tried that, he did not respond.. Any idea why? I think it is better to give the info here, so that other people can use it too, if they need to setup VDR with 2 or more satellite positions, but ok, we will see......
MarCelluS

Postby MarCelluS » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 pm

I understand selling stuff is the target of TBSDTV. Writing a manual would be quite effective, but costs too much, am I right? Why is there no decent manual and why there is no one that can point me in the right direction? Now I feel like I am annoying everyone here, but the real problem seems to me is the fact that there is no real support to customers from tbsdtv? Again, I started with high hopes with this MOI+ device. Beautifully advertised on the tbsdtv.com site, but not meeting any expectations about this device. The web interface is built for TVheadend, TVheeadend is not working with encrypted channels, right? So I understood using VDR is the next option. So, I did. BUT, when scanning channels it only works with just ONE satellite. No matter what I tried. I am not a computer wizz, and when I have some free time, I study the information I find Googling the internet about VDR. Ridiculous! But I think, if you sell such a device, there should be some decent support for it, too. Or a manual about ALL the software on it. Or the configuration should be the same as a SAT tuner device you buy in any sat shop, so one is not confronted with complicated programming stuff!!!! The card I put in it, by the way (TBS6991) did work perfectly in Windows 7 media center. And, when I informed about compatibility of the card with MOI+ BEFORE I bought the it, one ASSURED me it was compatible and going to work. Still, I sit here with a new device not working. The device came with 1.0.2 version of the software, or version 1.0.1?? Left it says 1.0.2, on top it says 1.0.1. Because of tinkering with the MOI+ all the time I need to re-flash it. So you can understand I am not very pleased with this. I am working as a satellite and internet mechanic in my daily life and all devices I ever got under my management I left working with satisfied customers. You can understand I will never advise any product of TBSDTV to any customer of mine. The fact that I stated my trouble with this case here and nothing being done to investigate by your experts only makes it worse. THANKS!!!! OH YEAH, WHERE THE H*** IS JACK????
MarCelluS

Return to MOI+