Moderator Control Panel ]

M)I Pro not upgrading to Version 1.0.0.2

M)I Pro not upgrading to Version 1.0.0.2

Postby Raviamirtham » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Just purchased an MOI Pro along with two quad tuner cards (TBS6985) recently. Unpacked and tried to use the device as it is but the tuner cards were not detected and could not configure it for receiving DVB-S signals. Then I tried to upgrade it to the latest version 1.0.0.2 by following the instructions in "How to Upgrade-MOI-Pro-V.1.1.pdf" document. But unfortunatley nothing happend.

Neither I am able to use the device as the Cards are not detected nor I am able to upgrade it to newer version. Any help in resolving this issues would be appreciated. Thanks.
Raviamirtham

Re: M)I Pro not upgrading to Version 1.0.0.2

Postby diabloss » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Greetings

You have tried the USB memory stick method?

There are two methods of software update , one with the flashing tool and the second with the usb stick.

In order to make your cards visible in the console before you flash firmware you need to rename certain file

DiD you rename the DVB-C uimage file from \Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\ ???

if you flashed incorrectly your MOI is normal it won't detect your card.

so basically when you unpack your firmware files you should look in this path \Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\

there should be a file which have in the name DVB-C uimage ... rename it to uimage simple overwrite if ask and then flash your moi pro.

in that path ( \Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\) you should have 2 files named uImage_fsl_dvbt or uImage_fsl_dvbc .. .

One of them is for terestrial + satelite second is cable + satelite. rename one to uimage and overwrite file if ask and then use the MFG tool to flash your MOI Pro.

Make sure the button from behind is in burn position when you flash or else nothing will happen.

Thanks
diabloss

Postby developer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Even i had same issue.
Only way is to format usb in FAT 32 and then load the firmware and flash and keep the button on back Update on.
developer

Postby diabloss » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:37 pm

you need to try with different usb stick too .... not all of them recognized ... kernel is pretty old sadly.
diabloss

Postby steven » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 am

Hi all

If you use USB update way, please do not forget format your USB disk to fat32 ,or safety way to use PC to update your MOIPro,new version will
add online update more easy to use.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to MOI Pro