Moderator Control Panel ]

MOI Pro AMD Transcoding ?

MOI Pro AMD Transcoding ?

Postby fonio » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Hello People!!

I have ordered a MOI Pro AMD. I don't see any Forum for that so i write in this Forum if not right please move to the right section, thanks!

I have order with 4x Quad Tuner DVB-S2 TBS and i want to stream 16 Transponder and on any Transponder are 5-7 Channels that i can stream together with same Frequency.

My question is how can i transcode the stream because its around 10Mbit/s Bitrate but i need around 3Mbit/s, is it possible with this new Moi Pro AMD or CPU/GPU are not enough for that? I think i use Tvheadend but also MumuDVB i know as well, wo for me it's not a problem to switch.

If is not possible what kind of Hardware i need that i can install 4x Quad Tuner DVB-S TBS, Stream and Transcode on the same hardware?

Thnaks for your help community !!

Best Regards

Your fonio
fonio

Re: MOI Pro AMD Transcoding ?

Postby steven » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi fonio

Thanks for your support of our product .
For MOIPro-AMD this is the new product later our forum will update have a MOIPro-AMD section : )

and for your questions

For the transcode we tested with xtream-code not many channel about 5 channels,as you know that transcode cost a lot of CPU,need very power machine.
maybe you can have try with with tvheadend transcode version .
here is the detail information with transcode tvheadend
https://github.com/john-tornblom/tvheadend

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fonio » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 pm

hi steven

thanks for your reply, i have now received my Moi Pro AMD, i have see i can chose dvblast, vdr or Tvheadend. I have 4x Quat Tuners inside and i want to stream much channels as more ( ithink 1 TP have 7 channels so i can stream it with 1 Input of my TBS Cards) and then send to another Server for transcoding the stream. But it must be possible to descramble before on my Moi Pro AMD.

so what is for me the best solution to use? I have read so many of tvheadend dvblast and vdr but no one can say whats best solution with the Moi Pro AMD for low CPU Usage because i want stream so many channels as possible.

Thanks for your help...

Fonio
fonio

Postby steven » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi fonio

Do you mean you need to descramble first ? if streaming FTA channels dvblast is a good choose,
stream descramble channels if you are using CAM module cards you can using dvblast too. if not
maybe you need soft decryption,vdr,mumudvb,tvheadend is a good choose for you.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to MOI Pro