Update moi pro

Re: Update moi pro

Postby afreddoss » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:23 pm

i did it with windows 10 and i didnt had any problem
no need drivers..
afreddoss

Postby dmac » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 pm

dan3o3 Wrote:How to update under Windows 10?
I have no driver for the USB device, it's only visible as "Ethernet Gadget" without driver, Update Tool will not recognize the Moi Pro.
Where to get its driver?

Dan

I'm having the same issue under Windows 7 and would appreciate some help from TBS locating this driver.

Thanks

Dave
dmac

Postby tayloirit » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:50 am

Hey Guys, I also had this issue when trying to upgrade the Moi Pro and it said no drive found for "Ethernet Gadget". The instructions are very poorly written and the correct sequence is;

1. Turn off your Moi Pro
2. Toggle Update Switch on the back of the Moi Pro
3. Plug in USB cable to Mini USB socket
4. Run up the Upgrade Installer MFGTOOL2.EXE as Administrator on your windows 7 / 8 machine
5. Turn on your Moi Pro and it should then be detected by the MFGTOOL2.exe util and be ready to install the full 1.0.0.8 Image.
6. Once Compete Click STOP on the MFGTOOL2.exe util
7. Turn off the power of your Moi Pro
8. Toggle the switch back to non update power on your Moi Pro

Complete, the Moi Pro will be out of the box no config default and ready for fresh config. 1.0.0.8 seems the best OS by far for our NZ services.
tayloirit

Postby dmac » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:45 am

tayloirit Wrote:Hey Guys, I also had this issue when trying to upgrade the Moi Pro and it said no drive found for "Ethernet Gadget". The instructions are very poorly written and the correct sequence is;

1. Turn off your Moi Pro
2. Toggle Update Switch on the back of the Moi Pro
3. Plug in USB cable to Mini USB socket
4. Run up the Upgrade Installer MFGTOOL2.EXE as Administrator on your windows 7 / 8 machine
5. Turn on your Moi Pro and it should then be detected by the MFGTOOL2.exe util and be ready to install the full 1.0.0.8 Image.
6. Once Compete Click STOP on the MFGTOOL2.exe util
7. Turn off the power of your Moi Pro
8. Toggle the switch back to non update power on your Moi Pro

Complete, the Moi Pro will be out of the box no config default and ready for fresh config. 1.0.0.8 seems the best OS by far for our NZ services.

Was coming back to post the very same solution that worked for me also! Thanks for putting it clearly for everyone to see.
dmac

Postby kenjustice » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:46 am

Thank you all for the information. My upgrade process completed, however it now gets stuck on bootup into the MatrixTV launch screen, with a weird vertical line pattern and the cursor stuck on the bottom left of the screen. I can still access the web browser back end, but changing the bootup default away from MatrixTV does not solve the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks!
kenjustice

Previous

Return to MOI Pro