Moderator Control Panel ]

FE_GET_PROPERTY bug

Re: FE_GET_PROPERTY bug

Postby deejayd » Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello,

Do you know if there is any chance to have the FE_GET_PROPERTY returning real tuner information with a TBS6983 card ?
deejayd

Re: FE_GET_PROPERTY bug

Postby bobben » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:40 pm

cody Wrote:however, all DVB-S2 demodulator drivers we developed - for example for TBS 6981, etc have real 'get_frontend' implementation and report back the actual tuned signal parameters obtained from the hardware after the signal lock was acquired and my understanding that's what you want. however, 'get_frontend' is not aware of some S2 parameters and that's why what TBS drivers returns is 'proprietary' format in a sense that you need to know how to parse it to determine some parameters like the detected modulation type of the signal. anyway, in short in the current state of the Linux DVB-S2 drivers (and i'm talking just about the TBS drivers) the closest to what my understanding is you need you can get it with the TBS 6981 driver (and basically all other TBS cards based on NXP demodulator chips like 6984, etc). also, some of the real signal parameters you can get with parsing BBHeader information that 6925 can provide and for which recently i posted some easy-to-use patches for the TBS Linux driver packages here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg45597.html

Do any of current TBS DVB-S/S2 demodulators available for purchase provide real 'get_frontend' implementation in linux and report back the actual modulation parameters ?
bobben

Previous

Return to Professional PCIe DVB-S2 Dual Tuner Card TBS6983