Moderator Control Panel ]

Dvb recording

Dvb recording

Postby bubbs16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Hey guys. I'm currently using a stb and recording is a joke on it. Also, can't receive any 4:2:2 with the stb. Can you record Pvu channels with no issues on dvb? Also epg works way better ok dvb card? I have a older pc. I'm wondering is pci, pci e, or USB Better. Then the other? Also, when on say a horizontla ch, can you record anything on that satelite that's h or v or just the tp ur on or what's the Deal? Do they work good with actuator motors for C band?
bubbs16

Re: Dvb recording

Postby updatelee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:49 pm

You can record anything and everything that is on the transponder, the whole thing at once including multiple channels on the same tp.

Epg is more about software then hardware, so irrelevant.

Pci/pcie/USB no different. The performance will all be the same.

One tuner = one tp tuned at a time. Two tuners means you can tune two different tp at the same time.

There isn't any PC devices on the market that can control a chand style actuator. They all can control a diseqc motor for smaller dishes. I use a titanium asc1 to move my cband dish

UDL
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Postby bubbs16 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:01 am

That's actually what I just baught is the titanium asc1. Does. It work good with dvb? My box that I have has some kinda underpowered issue or something. It doesn't always move the dish. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. And it will only move if I go from a vertical to a vertical or a h to a h. Otherwise it won't work. Is the tbs card the best there is? So say I wanted to record 2 tps. I will need to hook up 2 tuners??? So I need a dual lnbf? What do you use? What's a good dual or quad lnbf
bubbs16

Postby updatelee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am

TBS cards work very good with the ASC1. I have numerous TBS cards and they all work excellent with it. The TBS professional line of cards are the best of the best, they are a bit more expensive then the lower end models but they will lock signals others wont, the sensitivity is great and the blindscan performance is much much better. There are also non-professional models that are multistandard which is a pretty cool feature that gives you tons of options in one package.

dual tuners require two inputs, so yes a dual lnbf or 4 output one.

UDL
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Return to Professional DVB-S2 Quad Tuner PCIe Card TBS6908