Moderator Control Panel ]

Newbie, what Internet connection can I use

Newbie, what Internet connection can I use

Postby markscotford » Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:40 am

I am going to start my own legal IPTV service here in Spain showing free to air UK channels, from a 3.2 Metre satellite dish. TBS MOI Pro AMD IPTV streaming server is the hardware of my choice, I am looking at this with <4x quad satellite video cards. My customers will use their smart TV or a STB of some sort. I am looking to start the service with 40 SD TV channels. My question is what can I use as a starter for the Internet connection, can I use a standard domestic 1gb fibre optic connection or do I HAVE to go Point To Point?
markscotford

Re: Newbie, what Internet connection can I use

Postby markscotford » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am

This is a resurection of a project we started back in 2017, when Fibre Optic was not available in our area, which it is now. So we are back in action.
markscotford

Postby steven » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:45 pm

Hi Sir

How much it is depens on how many customers you want to support and what about the channels bit rate . take example 100xclients
every channels is about 4Mbps then need at least 400Mbps

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby markscotford » Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:13 pm

steven Wrote:Hi Sir

How much it is depens on how many customers you want to support and what about the channels bit rate . take example 100xclients
every channels is about 4Mbps then need at least 400Mbps

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Sorry Steven only just seen your reply. Yes I understood about the bandwidth needed, but somebody suggested to me that the Ping delay on a domestic Fibre Optic internet connection is too long, and could cause problems, what do you think?
markscotford

Return to MOI Pro - AMD