Moderator Control Panel ]

Replacement PSU

Replacement PSU

Postby larch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:48 pm

I've had my moi pro amd since sometime in 2015 and since 2017 its had some wierd shutdown issue that started every couple months. There is nothing in any of the logs from my unit to suggest any kind of error it literally running fine I go somewhere or sleep and when I come back / wake up its off. When I start it up again the logs look perfectly normal and then a huge gap in time and its booting up again.

When trying to resolve this issue with Steven a while ago he asked for pictures of the psu and we ended up not sending them as the unit was working month to month and whilst annoying a 5 second job to fix. However its far less stable now (daily). I have reset it to factory defaults and its running a a scan now but noticed on the PSU the largest Capacitor has what looks like leakage around the pins, like a rusty buildup out of the capacitor. Another of the smaller ones looks like its been painted black, it looks intact it just looks so dark. If I had this kind of behavior from any of my servers or desktops I would replace the PSU.

However its not exactly an off the shelf PSU ;) has anyone manged to retro fit something or get a replacement for it?

Cheers
larch

Re: Replacement PSU

Postby larch » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:40 am

@Steven any way to get a replacement psu?
larch

Re: Replacement PSU

Postby steven » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:47 am

Hi

Please send email to our support@tbsdtv.com

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to MOI Pro - AMD