Moderator Control Panel ]

any chance to get mode change for Windows? (need Mode1)

any chance to get mode change for Windows? (need Mode1)

Postby FeedBagg » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 am

Hi!

I've bought the TBS6909 some Months ago, now i've had time to install it in my server (based on Windows 8.1) - but now i figured out, the Windows drivers don't have the ability to switch the Mode.

I'm living in a rented appartment with three DVB-S receiver connections and wanted to use Mode 1. i just want later (in some years) build my own house - where i want to use this card on, then it will be used as an octa-tuner card

Currently i only need three tuners.

My Server is based on Windows because i can't handle linux *shame* AND because of the some Software i've bought exists just for Windows... and my 30Terabytes arangement of Harddisks are formatted in NTFS...

I REALLY need the Mode 1 for Windows-Driver PLEAAAAASEEE!

is there ANY chance to modify the driver-files with f.e. an ini-File or ... i don't know... an HEX-Editor? ;) ;)
i'm just an electrician with "SOME" Programming excercises (currently i'm playing much with Arduino...)

If anyone could help - please reply! any information could be helpful!

Thank you all!
Greetings

FeedBagg
FeedBagg

Re: any chance to get mode change for Windows? (need Mode1)

Postby steven » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi FeedBagg

Can you send one email to our support@tbsdtv.com we will prepare one driver mode 1 for you

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby FeedBagg » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi Steven,

email is sent out.

Thank you for your Support!

greets, FeedBagg
FeedBagg

Postby FeedBagg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:25 pm

just checked today my spam-folder and seen your answer (by your Software engineer) from 5 days ago *shame*
i'll try the driver this week - do you wan't some feedback? /if it works - do you want some system information anyway (f.e. which Software, which settings, operating system's info) ???

thanks in advance!
FeedBagg

Postby steven » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi FeedBagg

Any feedback will be appreciate : )

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby FeedBagg » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:18 am

Hi steven!

The Driver works GREAT! Using it now since beginning/middle of October in a unconventional configuaration:

Win 8.1 (as a Server) with DVB-Viewer Recording Service - only using 3 Tuners of 6 Possible (had no time to set them correctly up)
i've connected (as described) only 3 inputs and from these i'm using only one tuner each - it works great even with three clients viewing simultaneously!

well my hardwareconfig is a bit more "special" why i decided to use only one tuner per input for the moment, too:
the Card is connected via an miniPCIe-to-FOUR-Port-PCIe Riser card with an USB3.0 Cable... ;) and the Stream-clients are mostly Raspberry-Pi's with Kodi

btw: this configuration works MUCH MORE stable than using 1 of 3 USB-Tuner-Cards from "TechnoTrend" model tt-connect s2-4600 (and I've tried many different USB-Hubs / direct connections / alternative Powersupplies a.s.o....)

the next few weeks i wan't to change some Harddisk-Hot-Swap cases into some Icy-Dock Backplanes to be able to add more Harddisks later (42TeraBytes aren't enough though...) - i'll add some Pictures here, so you can see, what i've meant i've built. ;)

Thanks for the great support in (re)writing the Driver-File!!
greets FeedBagg
FeedBagg

Postby FeedBagg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:17 am

I've written on 21.March 2019 an eMail to support@t...... with this content:
-----------------------
Hi!

I want to upgrade my Server-PC possibly on Easter this year to Windows 10. May i Need new drivers expecially for Windows 10 with Mode1 for the TBS6909, or am i able to use the old one?

Another question: could you re-send me the compiled version, from 2017 - the link in the last mail is broken now, and after a Data-Crash my backup-file is lost... i'll prefer, if you could add the driver to your download-page - it worked now since Davin Zhang sent it in 2017 on my Windows 8.1 System. See: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=24647&p=52976#p52976

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
Greets
------------------

I've got no Answer till today, may i get help here?
FeedBagg

Postby steven » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 am

Hi FeedBagg

Here is the drvier for windows7 mode 1 :
TBS6909_Mode_1_release_V1001_20170914.zip
TBS6909_Mode_1_release_V1001_20170914
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 295 times

and windos 10 x64:
tbs6909_windows_10_drivers.zip
tbs6909_windows_10_drivers
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 301 times

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby FeedBagg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Thank you very much steven!

i've startet yesterday with some changes on my server, and was able to take some (two years ago) promised pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jYHQQpNMBemFYYyJ9

ignore the dust... :D

greets FeedBagg
FeedBagg

Return to DVB-S2 Octa Tuner PCIe Card TBS6909