Moderator Control Panel ]

Sorry Oscam Question

Sorry Oscam Question

Postby nightshadow36 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:12 am

Hi.

I know this is not a TBS question but i have asked everywhere else and as most users have the TBS for streming you may be able to help me.
Also I have 6 x TBS6909 so i have spent quite a bit of money, I upgraded from the TBS6985 quads.
Any way here is my problem.

I live in spain and I am receiving english via my sat and also norwegian from another sat.
When there is a heavy rain storm I have low or lose of signal - this is normal.

I am using mumudvb for the streams and using OScam / TBS6909 cards and the phoenix readers

My streams and OScam work perfect all day every day when there is clear weather.
Then there is a heavy rain storm, lets say 30 minutes i might have very low signal or drop signal completly.
Once the storm passes and sat signal is received again my streams startup via monit and mumudvb.

The problem is some of the channels do not decrypt or even show up in OScam once the storm has passed, even though mumudvb has started the stream again.

So recap

Good weather everything working.
Heavy rain storm / low or loss of sat signal
Signal returns, mumudvb starts up streaming again.
Some channels do not show or start decrypting in OScam.
Restart OScam all channels are working.
Is there any script or setting to fix this?

Thank youl for any help.
nightshadow36

Re: Sorry Oscam Question

Postby guacharaca » Tue May 17, 2016 10:30 am

Bigger dishes. S2 signals, more so than S1 signals, can be sensitive to rain or snow fade. A bigger dish will compensate. If you do not loose the signal, you will have solved the problem. If you are using a rotor, eliminate it. A fix dish will pull in a stronger signal as it can be tweaked perfectly. Alternately or additionally, use an older TBS card. The 6909 has yet to have a proper driver to match the sensitivity of older TBS cards such as 6980 or 6921. I simultaneously run the 6909, 6980 and 6921 (on TVH) and put the stronger dish signals on the 6909 as it is problematic with weak signal. The weak signal dishes do fine with the 6980 and the 6921. Why not put the Oscam signals on your TBS6985s and your non-oscam signals on the 6909s ?
guacharaca

Return to DVB-S2 Octa Tuner PCIe Card TBS6909