Moderator Control Panel ]

6903x V2 drivers with Win-7 don't work

6903x V2 drivers with Win-7 don't work

Postby wejones » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:28 pm

I have a 6903x card without the fan which I assume is version 2.
I have been using the previous 6903x V2001_1108 drivers on a Windows XP computer for several weeks.
Recently TBS put a new TBS6903-x V2 Windows (win 7/vista/8/10 ) version 3001 Driver on the download page.
I couldn't use this on my XP computer so I moved the card to my Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 computer.
I tried to install the new V-3001 drivers, but after going through the install process, which seemed to work I got a popup message saying that the drivers did not install properly.
It indicated that the driver files could not be found. This was while using the setup program which had been uncompressed from the .zip file. I tried several times, also trying
installing as administrator, and trying different PCIE ports on the computer, always with the same result.
Finally, I installed with the older V2001 drivers I had been using on the XP computer, and then it installed.
I would really like to try this new driver since there are a few features that aren't working properly with the older driver, so I was hoping for some suggestion for a workaround
that would allow me to install the new driver. Thank you for any advise.
wejones

Re: 6903x V2 drivers with Win-7 don't work

Postby wejones » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:26 pm

I think I have answered my own question.
I had assumed that my 6903x was a version 2 due to the fact that it doesn't have a fan, as shown in the post by SATO,
however on closer inspection of the circuit board, the arrangement of the components on the board look like the picture of
the version 1 card. Particularly the location of U7 and U11 are both just to the left of the TBS symbol. And on the fan side, my card has V12
at bottom right, and doesn't say V2 at top center.
Also, the version 2 card shown by SATO has a S/N starting with T6903X200... while my card has a
SN starting with T6903X190...
I had been trying to ID the card while installed in the computer, but got a better look after taking it out.
Anyway, I think my card is a version 1, not version 2, so it's logical that I couldn't load the version 2 driver. Sorry
for the confusion.
wejones

Re: 6903x V2 drivers with Win-7 don't work

Postby smile » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:56 am

Hi
The hardware have not different, so their drivers can not compatibility each other.

Best Regards
smile

Return to Professional DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card TBS6903