Moderator Control Panel ]

Linux: 2x TBS6902 one one card only one adapter working

Linux: 2x TBS6902 one one card only one adapter working

Postby SpeedProg » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:55 pm

Problem described here:
https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/issues/255

Since I don't know if there is different people checking issues and these forums, I will re-describe my problem.

I had 1x TBS6902 (the 6902:0002) and it was working without a problem. So I bought an other one (what came was a 6902:0003, but the problem shows with both).
The are connected using Unicable I.

I added the additional TBS6902 to the same PC. And only 1 Adapter of it was working properly in tvheadend and also with scan_w that adapter did not find any transponders. I changed cables with a working one to check that it did not make a difference.

Also if I changed the PCIe slots of the 2 cards, the older card (6902:0002) was showing the same things and the 2 Adapters on the new card worked.

So I shuffled them into different PCIe slots and the result was always, that the card in the PCIe slot closer to the CPU always had both Adapters working, while the one in the further slot always had 1 working and 1 none working Adapter.

Also I am not 100% sure any more but I think it was always the same physical adapter (per card) that did not work (determined by disconnecting the cable from input), but if it is of importance I could reconfirm that.

As for these logs the /dev/dvb/adapter0 on TBS 6902:0002 is the one not working.

I am running a Gentoo Linux with Kernel 5.10.27.
Can't upload attachments, it always say the extension is not allowed for log, txt, no extension. And the post only allows for 10k characters so please refer to the git issue https://github.com/tbsdtv/linux_media/issues/255 for the dmesg, lspci and lsmod logs.
SpeedProg

Re: Linux: 2x TBS6902 one one card only one adapter working

Postby steven » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:05 am

Hi Sir

Please send the detail dmesg log to our support@tbsdtv.com we will have a check

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to PCIe DVB-S2 Dual Tuner card TBS6902