Moderator Control Panel ]

2603 network settings disappear?

2603 network settings disappear?

Postby IPTV » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi,

Anyone an idea what could be causing, on a local network, that the configured network settings (under the webinterface) disappear and probalby are the cause that the encoder can't setup a stream to an outside server?

I can still ping and reach the encoder on the (pre)configured IP. Only within the webinterface the fields: IP, netmask, gateway, dns are totally blank. The encoder does work locally, but I can't get a stream to an outside server :?

Any idea/help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
IPTV

Re: 2603 network settings disappear?

Postby echomay » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,
You need open the DMZ sevice to the encoder, or open the ports encoder used to the internet on your router, please see the virtual sever on your router's page.
echomay

Re: 2603 network settings disappear?

Postby IPTV » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Personally I never find it a good idea to place any device in DMZ. You should not give all access to your encoder.

Secondly, I use rtmp streaming and the stream is initiated from the encoder, from within the network I have internet access. If I use another encoder, on the same IP, I have no trouble sending a stream to the wowza server. So it's not really a firewall issue, regarding open or closed ports. I think ...

I would like to know why the IP information/settings in the TBS encoder GUI dissapears, this is caused by something... but I don't know (yet) what ...
IPTV

Return to TBS2603 Professional HD Video Encoder